Smith II - The nightmare continues.

thewellander

Does anyone hold any hope for Alan Smith in his second season with us?

For what it's worth, I think he's got more talent than he displayed last season and, maybe, Allardyce put too much pressure on him - especially towards the end of his reign when Smith was made captain. I think he can turn his career around...but then again, I was one of those who thought he was a good signing last season.

What are your thoughts / predictions for Mr. Smith this upcoming term?

Absolutely fucking abysmal striker, i don't know how he made it this high. He genuinely is probably the worst striker we've had playing for us consistently in the Premiership. Probably about the third worst striker overall tbh in that timeframe. Behind probably G'uivarch and Andersson. But tbf, they both scored. :undecided:

I hold no hope whatsoever tbh.

I actually have a tiny bit of hope for him and think he may do a reasonable job as our 'battling midfielder' this season. As to be frank he has no 'outstanding' qualities other than his energy levels and his passion. However, if he is our 'battling midfielder' he will miss a game after every 5, because we know what he is like for bookings.

I actually have a tiny bit of hope for him and think he may do a reasonable job as our 'battling midfielder' this season. As to be frank he has no 'outstanding' qualities other than his energy levels and his passion. However, if he is our 'battling midfielder' he will miss a game after every 5, because we know what he is like for bookings.

Someone from this forum has got Smith spot on, he isn't really a battling player more a player who will foul whoever is closest to him. Parker battled, he ran round (I mean more than just spin round) and hassled. Smith just kicks anyone he can reach.

I feel physically sick after reading this. `A reasonable job as our battling midfielder` ffs?!