Stand Up Comics

Clay

Just finished watching a 2 jack dee videos and a peter kay one... Funny as fuck, I'm not that knowledgable on Stand up comedians so can people recommend some stand up comics please.. I know of Richard Prior i have one of his DVD's..

Saw Ross Noble live recently - haven't laughed so much in years

Aye Noble is pure class...His dvd from last years tour is coming start of november...4 discs with like 3 shows ...can't wait!

Ricky Gervais' 2 live shows were brilliant as well so if you haven't seen them yet get on it!

Omid Djalili (had to get Google to help me with the spelling).

He's excellent live, I went to see him last year at the Theater Royal.  I also enjoyed Lee Evans, wile Patrick McGuinness was ok.

As someone else mentioned Bill Bailey's stand up is fantastic at times, if a bit wierd at others. 

Another good one i remember seeing which has a bald bloke on it, having trouble remembering his name, he used to be on they think it's all over.. if someone could remember his name for me.. that'd be great, funny as fuck

EDIT:

Lee hirst.. remembered when i clicked send...

noble.

really like that irish guy, dylan moran. monster is class :D i aquired it recently.

Random fact of no importance: Dylan Moran - lives in Edinburgh next door to a friend of mine.

Lee Mack

Marcus Brigstocke

Haven't actually seen him do a stand up routine but I'd imagine Frankie Boyle would be very good.

as satnd up I can assure you Frankie Boyle is very very good. :thup:

Guest elbee909

Bill Hicks - Best. Comedian. Ever.

Was concerned no-one had mentioned Hicks.  Thank fuck someone did.

"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back, he's really going to want to see a fucking cross? Ow! Maybe that's why he hasn't shown up yet...it's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a sniper rifle pendant... Just thinking of John, Jackie. We love him. Trying to keep that memory alive, baby. [mimes shooting a rifle] I did that routine in Fyffe, Alabama, and after the show these three rednecks came up to me. 'Hey, buddy! C'mere! Hey Mr. Comedian! C'mere! Hey buddy, we're Christians and we don't like what you said!' I said 'Well, then forgive me.' Later, as I was hanging from the tree..."

Eddie Murphy did some good standup (yes, once upon a time, he did good things).  Steve Martin (same thing there).  Richard Pryor was amazing.  George Carlin is great.  Chris Rock.

Oh, Steven Wright!  Not the British DJ twat, the American deadpan guy:

Do they have reserved parking for non-handicapped people at the Special Olympics?

Jerry Seinfeld is good too, though you know what you're going to get with him, it's still good stuff, honed to a ridiculous level of polish.  David Copperfield of the standup world.