Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

Post match reaction can be found from here: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54221.msg1400478#msg1400478

Less than a week away now, and I for one can't wait. Football is (almost) back, hopefully we can all stop whinging for at least 90mins. :smitten:

Guesses on our team? Considering all our injuries and players given extra time off, at this stage I'd go with:

Given

Beye Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Guthrie Butt N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

I wouldn't bet against another signing this week going straight into the team though.

You travelling up Dave?  O0

Unfortunately not, going to the Doncaster game though. :)

Gayer.

Hope we do see a team as strong as that, though I actually hope Duff plays some part. He'll be damn sure to hear me abusing him at Vic Park, he doesn't seem to be getting the message from L4 of the Leazes.

You travelling up Dave?  O0

Unfortunately not, going to the Doncaster game though. :)

Gayer.

Hope we do see a team as strong as that.

There's hardly anyone else to choose from. :laugh:

Guest Robert 32

Less than a week away now, and I for one can't wait. Football is (almost) back, hopefully we can all stop whinging for at least 90mins. :smitten:

Guesses on our team? Considering all our injuries and players given extra time off, at this stage I'd go with:

Given

Beye Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Guthrie Butt N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

I wouldn't bet against another signing this week going straight into the team though.

Would be good to get a team that strong out, even if just for 45 mins.

Considering there were only 13 or 14 players back last week, I'm not sure who else would play. Kadar, LuaLua maybe?

Edit - .com reckon Kadar is injured. Tozer then?

What about that kid from Plymouth? Spear?

His signing hasn't even been confirmed yet, unless I missed it. Might be too young, though he sounds promising from the snippets I've read.

Could see Kazenga getting a half

He should do, depends how much he is taking part in the reserve games either side of the Hartlepool match.

Wouldnt really be expecting us to go with a strong side from the start, probably a different mix of experienced and unexperienced either half.

Smith will probably score a couple (don't laugh), against Hartlepool & Doncaster and Keegan will no doubt use him when the season comes.

It says a lot that with all our injured/ unavailable players, Dave still doesn't have him in his team and has Zog who doesn't want to be here! lol!