Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

.com:

Absent from the squad that travels to Victoria Park will be Geremi & Faye (post international hols), Barton (incarcerated), Mark Viduka, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Wesley Ngo Baheng & Tamas Kadar (injured/unfit).

New boys Jose Gutierrez and Danny Guthrie may get their first runouts though, while goakeeper Shay Given is back in full training, having not played since the 1-5 home loss to Man United in February 2008.

.com:

Absent from the squad that travels to Victoria Park will be Geremi & Faye (post international hols), Barton (incarcerated), Mark Viduka, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Wesley Ngo Baheng & Tamas Kadar (injured/unfit).

New boys Jose Gutierrez and Danny Guthrie may get their first runouts though, while goakeeper Shay Given is back in full training, having not played since the 1-5 home loss to Man United in February 2008.

Thought it was Jonas?

Sound. I'm on their database anyway like so it doesn't really matter, but Hartlepool's box office is literally one wife at one window and even half a dozen people queuing at half 2 can see you miss kick off.

Guest Heneage

I'd start.

----------------Given

Bassong    Kadar Taylor Tozer

Guti              Butt        Charlie

Martins          Smith      Owen

Given

Beye   Taylor   Caçapa   Enrique

Milner   Butt   Guthrie   N'Zogbia

Martins   Owen

'Best' team (:suicide:), get em back in the groove i say. Looking forward to seeing lengthy appearances from the likes of Lua Lua and Tozer though. Christ, our squad is less than threadbare.

I know the club said Valencia would be his first but I'd love Jonas to get a run out of sorts if he's training.

Dunno why he wouldn't really. I'm surprised he's back already but supposedly he is, so why have him running around in training but not playing in a friendly? Seems strange if we do that.

I know the club said Valencia would be his first but I'd love Jonas to get a run out of sorts if he's training.

Agreed, i should have said in my post really, i would hope that he plays. But all of those that start should be ones who've been training from the start imo. Just to be 'safer'.

I'm looking forward to seeing who our first pre-season injury is tbh. :)

I'd start.

----------------Given

Bassong    Kadar Taylor Tozer

Guti               Butt         Charlie

Martins           Smith       Owen

guti and kadar wont be there for starters

Speaking to Godsmark: Gaffers told them it all depends how they play tomorrow which determines who's going to be in the squad for Hartlepool.

Nowt amazing, but thought it would spur on chat about some of the youngsters we could field.