Anyone signing this week?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will we make it three signings in three weeks? :indi:

I wonder why has there been no photos for the press or anything yet? Hopefully we're waiting to present a few at once. ;)

I remain optimistic about the season ahead. However, I'm totally uncertain as to who we are going to sign. It could be anyone! Fingers crossed Keegan makes a wonder team though. Even if it is people we haven't heard of.

i'd like it to be aimar and inler or derdiyok.

the game against psv is on the 8th, and if that's the next game at st james park, i suppose if we're signing anyone, it's probably going to have been done by then so they can be presented along with the new away shirt

i think the reason we havnt done any photos is because one only signed on friday, and the other isnt in the country yet

Is it really that hard to get a picture of either of them holding up a Newcastle shirt when they signed their deal?

Grasping at straws a bit here I know, but it seems suspicious to me.

Guest stankydanky

lack of signings is doing my head in however hopefully Ashleys pleas for more money are only a front so we get good players at reasonable prices, lets face it the prices being quoted for some players Adebayor, Barry, Arshavin etc. are ridiculous.  I think things will really start to kick off next week.

Aimar, yes. anyone else we'll see Inler and Derdiyok are still highly unproven in my eyes

lack of signings is doing my head in however hopefully Ashleys pleas for more money are only a front so we get good players at reasonable prices, lets face it the prices being quoted for some players Adebayor, Barry, Arshavin etc. are ridiculous.  I think things will really start to kick off next week.

Aimar, yes. anyone else we'll see Inler and Derdiyok are still highly unproven in my eyes

That's a good point that many seem to be overlooking in their complaints about how much we apparently 'look like spending'; the prices bandied about for the very highest profile players right now are farcical IMO.

lack of signings is doing my head in however hopefully Ashleys pleas for more money are only a front so we get good players at reasonable prices, lets face it the prices being quoted for some players Adebayor, Barry, Arshavin etc. are ridiculous.  I think things will really start to kick off next week.

We've signed two players in two weeks now :lol:

I think we will definitely be making at least one siging this week. Things are clearly moving quicker as players return from their breaks after the Euros.

I also think the Barry, Bentley, Berbatov, Adebayor and Hleb moves, which seem to be drawing closer, could also set off a chain reaction of transfers as players will become available as these people move clubs.

lack of signings is doing my head in however hopefully Ashleys pleas for more money are only a front so we get good players at reasonable prices, lets face it the prices being quoted for some players Adebayor, Barry, Arshavin etc. are ridiculous.  I think things will really start to kick off next week.

have you ever seen Inler play?

Guest stankydanky

other then the Euros no, dislike italian football with a passion.  I thought that Fernandes from Man Citeh was better in the swiss midfield which wasn't overly impressive.

Guest stankydanky

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

Seb Larsson

your never going to convinve me that he can help us break into the top ten.  Was OKAY at Brum last year, and couldn't break into a fairly shocking Sweden squad at the euros.  We'll see though

His freekicks and corners alone would get us at least another 10 goals a season as his delivery is so superb and we have some dangerous finishers who would really appreciate a quality delivery into the box every now and then.

Someone might feel he was just okay at Birmingham but that was Birmingham though, a pretty ordinary team. It's hard for players who try to play quality football to really shine in such teams. Put the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka around him and I would imagine he would look a lot better. I think this is something we ought to remember.

Okay okay I'll be positive, in a shock move this week Newcastle United will tie up deals for Zenit's Arshavin and Benfica target Pablo Aimar..

You always fkn are man. :lol:

Okay okay I'll be positive, in a shock move this week Newcastle United will tie up deals for Zenit's Arshavin and Benfica target Pablo Aimar..

You always fkn are man. :lol:

'Tis the way forward like.

Seb Larsson

His freekicks and corners alone would get us at least another 10 goals a season as his delivery is so superb and we have some dangerous finishers who would really appreciate a quality delivery into the box every now and then.

Someone might feel he was just okay at Birmingham but that was Birmingham though, a pretty ordinary team. It's hard for players who try to play quality football to really shine in such teams. Put the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka around him and I would imagine he would look a lot better. I think this is something we ought to remember.

absolutely, if Solano/Laurent taught us anything it's that a good option for deliveries is like having an extra man on the field, despite flaws in other aspects of that man's game