Is it possible?

James

Ok, 2009:

Analogue gets swtiched off at my parents house.

Mum watches soaps between 7pm and 8pm and never has time to catchup on anything she records.

In July, Dad tapes and archives the highlights of Le Tour every night, something he has been doing every year since 1986.

Clearly Sky+ is not an option for either.

Unless it is possible to tape what you playback on Sky+.

Is it possible?

Cheers GG, so my parents just need to buy a Sky+ box, set it to record Le Tour, and then when my Dad sat down to watch it later, he'd just need to set the video to record from the satellite channel as he currently does?

Ok, 2009:

Analogue gets swtiched off at my parents house.

Mum watches soaps between 7pm and 8pm and never has time to catchup on anything she records.

In July, Dad tapes and archives the highlights of Le Tour every night, something he has been doing every year since 1986.

Clearly Sky+ is not an option for either.

Unless it is possible to tape what you playback on Sky+.

Is it possible?

One of the most illogical questions ever framed by any poster on this board. Congratulations. A job in the civil service awaits you.

Cheers GG, so my parents just need to buy a Sky+ box, set it to record Le Tour, and then when my Dad sat down to watch it later, he'd just need to set the video to record from the satellite channel as he currently does?

That works fine, either that or you could set up a direct feed from the Sky+ box to the VCR, which you can do and tell it to record via the Sky+ and it does so. Or at least they had something like that. But that should work fine anyway.

If you've got Sky+ you can record both.........

but you said Sky+ wasn't an option.  ???

My Dad records to keep Le Tour. He's got most highlight episodes since 1986 on VCR taped by himself. Sky+ doesn't have the long term capacity, plus he prefers a hard copy.

My Dad records to keep Le Tour. He's got most highlight episodes since 1986 on VCR taped by himself. Sky+ doesn't have the long term capacity, plus he prefers a hard copy.

My post above might have gone unnoticed, why on earth does he do this? :lol:

Video tape is hardly a "long-term" means to store it though. Corrodes over time.

Get him a DVD recorder FFS. Then record them all to DVD over a few days, by linking VCR and DVDR at the same time and then transfer it to PC as well, then he's got it forever.

I'm intrigued. How often does he watch them? And why?

Get him a DVD recorder FFS. Then record them all to DVD over a few days, by linking VCR and DVDR at the same time and then transfer it to PC as well, then he's got it forever.

:thup: Precisely.

I'm surprised he'd not thought of maybe getting them put onto hieroglyphic format, tbh.

Why does your Dad archive the Tour de France? :lol:

:lol:

Same reason people archive Newcastle United 5 - 0 Manchester United.

No, its like archiving every FA Cup final. Do they just gather dust or do you re-watch them on Christmas Day?