Jesus Wept...

GeordieDazzler

remember at claridges hotel in summer, there was a chance meeting of freddie and beckham. their eyes met across the crowded room, there was an immediate red-hot animal magnetism between the two. shepherd whispered in his ear "i want you goldenballs, be my corned beef pasty, go on!"

This makes me feel a lot better. I had lost all faith in the club but if we sign Beckham then my faith will be restored. If Shpherd secures the Beckham signing that would be amazing and we will soon be back on the up. Howay, over to you Freddy!

:lol:

The sad thing is i can just see a picture in my head now of Freddy Shepherd walking alongside David Beckham with a bit of red sauce on his third chin, with the Leazes end full of little kids chanting "theres only one Freddy Shepherd", and we'll be all over Sky Sports News  :thdn:

I still rate him as a player but he's 32 next birthday and no doubt Milner's 4m move to Villa would only cover his wages for a season. I thought Roeder wanted to lower the age of the squad although you can be guaranteed FF would be behind it to restore his flagging popularity.

Real would sell Becks for £5m in Jan, especially if he's unhappy, and the manager is benching him.

Beckham himself has limited options, GR has vastly over estimated Beck's own position in the Country. None of the top four would want him, and that leaves only us, Spurs, and maybe Villa ready to make the move, and being able to afford it.

His wages though i think would be less than Dyers, 32 next B-day? He'd accept £50kpw, as he'd be moving for the football, and not the money.

If Becks ever wants to play for England again, he needs to get in the squad before next summer, to do that he needs to return to England where the media, England and the fans can see him on a weekly basis

Real would sell Becks for £5m in Jan, especially if he's unhappy, and the manager is benching him.

Beckham himself has limited options, GR has vastly over estimated Beck's own position in the Country. None of the top four would want him, and that leaves only us, Spurs, and maybe Villa ready to make the move, and being able to afford it.

His wages though i think would be less than Dyers, 32 next B-day? He'd accept £50kpw, as he'd be moving for the football, and not the money.

If Becks ever wants to play for England again, he needs to get in the squad before next summer, to do that he needs to return to England where the media, England and the fans can see him on a weekly basis

Isn't his contract running out? If so we should be able to get him on the cheap - not that I'm advocating that mind.

Isn't his contract running out? If so we should be able to get him on the cheap - not that I'm advocating that mind.

Forgot about that, you'd see him move in Jan for £2m or less then.

For £2m and if he's willing to take less than £50k, i'd have him for the next 2 seasons, it would raise our profile in Asia, hopefully making money along the way.

His wages with Real are reputedly £150k pw and a Spurs director told me there was no way Spurs could even think about being able to afford him.  If he does leave Real Beckham will go to USA, the MLS Commissioner has already said that they would waive the salary cap for a player like Beckham to join the MLS.

If we sign Beckham its gonna buy Fat Fred a lot more time. Thats the main reason he would want him. It would also help him with the money Beckham raises because he would make the club so much money that Shepherd could sack a manger once every fortnight instead of once every year and a half.

His wages with Real are reputedly £150k pw and a Spurs director told me there was no way Spurs could even think about being able to afford him.  If he does leave Real Beckham will go to USA, the MLS Commissioner has already said that they would waive the salary cap for a player like Beckham to join the MLS.

Beckham is only on £70kpw, the rest is made up in media rights.

Hate to say it, but there's no way Posh would come to Newcastle.

44mins on a plane to London, less to Beckingham Palace.

Al least she'd be back in England where she can get back in the papers.

OK, cheers for that.

Do you think FFS would be happy to give up any media rights income to Beckham?  This talk may be good for the papers at the present time ut I don't believe for a moment that Beckham would move to Newcastle (or move back to the Premiershp for that matter).

OK, cheers for that.

Do you think FFS would be happy to give up any media rights income to Beckham?  This talk may be good for the papers at the present time ut I don't believe for a moment that Beckham would move to Newcastle (or move back to the Premiershp for that matter).

Beckham needs a move back to the EPL more than we need Beckham as a player. That's if he's bothered about getting back into the England team.

His image rights are no concern to me, there not worth half of what they were, and we don't need them. Him signing alone would be enough to fund his move, and payment for his 1st years wages, generating extra interest abroad (mainly Asia) meaning more eyes are watching the club.

If you lot didn't have enough RW's i'd expect Beckham to move to Spurs, a capital move could still be on for him, depends what happens at West Ham. (there own takeover)

I'm sure I saw an interview with Beckham a couple of months ago, where he spoke at length about the fact that the only English club he would even consider playing for would be Man United (which obv isn't going to happen).

He'll move to the States.