Newcastle Interested In French 19 Year-Old

Guest microbar

Guest microbar

Monday July 14th, 2008 by Ed Harrison· 204 Comments

There are reports coming out of France today, that claim Newcastle United are closely monitoring the situation of 19 year-old Lens striker Kevin Monnet-Paquet.

http://nufcblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/monnet-paquet-3.jpg

Kevin Monnet-Paquet - 19 year-old Lens Striker

It appears that Newcastle’s scouting network have found out that Lens forward Kevin Monnet-Paquet is unwilling to play Ligue 2 football next season with his club, RC Lens.

Lens finished 3rd bottom of the French Ligue 1 last season, and were relegated along with Strasbourg and Metz.

Newcastle United are said to be watching developments closely, and may bid for the player.

Kevin, who stands 6′0″ tall, has already played for Lens a number of times and made his debut for the club a full two years ago, he’s that good.

He has played for the French side at Under-18 and Under-19 levels, and is thought to be a top prospect for the future.

He was born in Bourgoin-Jallieu, France and turns 20 years old next month.

The New Henry ?

Monday July 14th, 2008 by Ed Harrison· 204 Comments

There are reports coming out of France today, that claim Newcastle United are closely monitoring the situation of 19 year-old Lens striker Kevin Monnet-Paquet.

Kevin Monnet-Paquet - 19 year-old Lens Striker

It appears that Newcastle’s scouting network have found out that Lens forward Kevin Monnet-Paquet is unwilling to play Ligue 2 football next season with his club, RC Lens.

Lens finished 3rd bottom of the French Ligue 1 last season, and were relegated along with Strasbourg and Metz.

Newcastle United are said to be watching developments closely, and may bid for the player.

Kevin, who stands 6′0″ tall, has already played for Lens a number of times and made his debut for the club a full two years ago, he’s that good.

He has played for the French side at Under-18 and Under-19 levels, and is thought to be a top prospect for the future.

He was born in Bourgoin-Jallieu, France and turns 20 years old next month.

The New Henry ?

:lol:

Well, it's all I know about the guy. Until I actually see the guy play, I'm basing my opinion on him from that. So yeah, I'm not going to pretend I wasn't interested on how this all turns out because of something I saw in a game.

Well, it's all I know about the guy. Until I actually see the guy play, I'm basing my opinion on him from that. So yeah, I'm not going to pretend I wasn't interested on how this all turns out because of something I saw in a game.

Well, that failed miserably. I was meant to be copying NE5. Thanks. Ruined my night.

Guest zerocipher

Would be great to get him in, he can understudy Owen and take over for him when he gets crocked, as usual.

we've taken a metz lad on trial and are being linked to this kid now - 2 relegated french clubs, interesting transfer policy if the 2nd one is true

not saying they can't be good 'cause they were in relegated teams, far from it, just that it's not what i'd been hoping for personally...sounds like we're looking at them 'cause they'll be cheap as much as anything else