Special things about the Toon

Colos Short and Curlies

The City, The Ground, The Club, KK, I love everything about Newcastle United, it's all special.

Coming up onto the Tyne Bridge and seeing SJP at the top of the hill, I don't get that feeling anywhere else in the world.

Love it, just love it!

Good question there are just so many special things.

I guess I love the special atmosphere that engulfs Tyneside when something huge happens for the club and also the frenzied positive atmosphere which can be generated at SJP on occasion.

I also live away from the city(norn iron!) and just love the reaction you get as a toon fan!

I especially loved KK's return game when I got out the old asics (glory days) kit and the abuse I took was unreal, just loved the fact that because of one man we were suddenly back in the thoughts of glory hunting (no but really I supported Man Utd/Chelsea since I was 2 blah, blah blah) fans!

Also love the reaction the whole car thing gets as well, I've a mini home top up in the car and the tax disc holder from the club shop, and it always gets a reaction, particluarly from the kids in the schools I coach in!

Guest Adu Who?

The fact that people try to claim we're not a big club, despite our constant media attention. Small clubs don't make the back (or front) pages. Small clubs don't get 52,000 every week. Small clubs in this day and age don't break the world transfer record.

The fact that people try to claim we're not a big club, despite our constant media attention. Small clubs don't make the back (or front) pages. Small clubs don't get 52,000 every week. Small clubs in this day and age don't break the world transfer record.

....We did? :S

That was fucking years ago mate.

Even though I have gone to the match for years the feeling I get when I emerge through the entrance and I can see the inside of the stadium has never changed from the first time I saw it, all the changes have only served to make it better in my opinion.

I love that our stadium is in the heart of the city as well and just a short walk from the pub.

Aye, just when you come out of the entrance onto L7, wheezing and near death, especially the evening games with the floodlights - never forget the first time I saw that. Literally can't wait to be able to get back up and go to every game.

The fact that the ground is bang in the middle of the city, and you can see it from everywhere. The way it's the most important thing in everyone's life for a few months.

How everyone wants to comment when they find out you're a toon fan, we're a comedy club etc. Everytime they mention us it means we're in their thoughts.

How Man Utd fans and southerners slag off Shearer for joining us, and how everyone got on Owen's back too, same reason, pure jealousy that this also-ran northern club could dare to sign one of the world's best.

Could go on...

"The way it's the most important thing in everyone's life for a few months."

another fairweather supporter

It's THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE - always...............

"The way it's the most important thing in everyone's life for a few months."

another fairweather supporter

It's THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE - always...............

Well aye, but when there's nothing happening there's nothing happening.

I never realised how much I loved Newcastle until I left.

on my first trip home from living down south I drove through the city centre and nearly crashed so many times purely from looking around at the various landmarks and buildings with a huge grin on my face.

I can't say one thing for certain which I love about Newcastle as it's a mixture of everything, the football, the people, the buildings or the culture.

To me it's not a place where I live, it's where I belong, which is a bit of a problem now i'm a scummy southerner.

As a fan that's lived in Devon his entire life, I probably can't identify with the atmosphere when something special happens. However I love the feeling I get seeing another person in a Newcastle shirt, which down here is so rare. Also when my parents took me up to Newcastle for my 11th birthday to see a match, stepping out and getting the first view of the pitch from high up in the stands, in the evening with the floodlights on and the stadium packed, took my breath away. I won't pretend that I have as strong a connection with the club as those that were born in the city, but I look back on things like that and just smile.

The feeling I get everytime I walk from out of the stand and overlook the pitch.

It still gives me goosebumps, and has done since I was 6.

:D

When the whole crowd sing in unison.

Pretty much everything. 

Guest Stephen927

The feeling around the city when something big has happened. Like Keegan coming back as manager, people splashing cash on King Kev 7 shirts and all sorts of other merchandise.

It's hard to describe it theres just a real buzz.

The feeling around the city when something big has happened. Like Keegan coming back as manager, people splashing cash on King Kev 7 shirts and all sorts of other merchandise.

That was a great night, I got off the bus at the top of Grey St, walked towards the Monument and immediately I could just feel it in the air, that something really special was happening.

That was a great night, I got off the bus at the top of Grey St, walked towards the Monument and immediately I could just feel it in the air, that something really special was happening.

Ya big puff.

No matter how many times i go, seeing the lads in black n white shirts emerge from the tunnel gives me a shiver down the spine, wouldnt change it for the world.  its fucking magic