Dyer to be in squad for Charlton match

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

www.nufc.co.uk

Exclusive Dyer's Darlo Delight!

KIERON Dyer edged closer to a first-team recall after coming through a behind-closed-doors practice match against Darlington without any problems.

The midfielder played a full 90 minutes against Gretna last week, and he played the majority of the 2-2 draw with the Quakers.

Speaking exclusively to Newcastle World TV as he came off the pitch, Dyer said: "I feel great, I'm really happy with my fitness and my general condition now.

"I haven't rushed it, the manager has held me back, but I'd like to think I've done enough to be in the squad for the Charlton game at the weekend."

Darlington took the lead in the game through James Sinclair, but Andy Carroll levelled and James Troisi put the Magpies ahead in the second half, only for Josh Wright to equalise in the last minute.

-----------------------------------------------

What's the bets on a hammy strain tomorrow then?

Its funny how Dyers return is constantly hyped up by Roeder and the papers, like he's actually gonna bring anything to the team, and like he's actually gonna stay fit!

Heard it all before, many times, nothing to get excited about, doesnt scored, doesnt create a lot, plays 10 games a season...

I'll give him til Decemeber before he's out for at LEAST a month.

Its funny how Dyers return is constantly hyped up by Roeder and the papers, like he's actually gonna bring anything to the team, and like he's actually gonna stay fit!

Heard it all before, many times, nothing to get excited about, doesnt scored, doesnt create a lot, plays 10 games a season...

I'll give him til Decemeber before he's out for at LEAST a month.

bluebigeek.gif thats 2 months, i would bet my entire savings that he is out before then

I've heard he'll be on the bench tonight and probably come on. That's why he was taken off early against Darlo. Sorry if this has already been posted. I haven't read the full thread.

Also expect a couple of senior players to be rested for the weekend. Rossi up front with Martins and N'Zogbia to come back in.

Guest woffy_27

I really hope he comes good this time, for him and us.

Yeah we need him fit and playing like we know he can - just hope he doesn't pull his hamstring when he warms up on the touchline

good news if true. hopefully we'll have him on the bench comming on for either emre/milner over the next month or so. maybe then he'll be ready to start a match  (al this naturally depends on him not getting injured again... fat chance)

Guest Geordiesned

"It's like having a new player" blah blah blah

From today's Chronicle:

The United boss told me today: "Kieron did very well yesterday, and after talking to him I have decided to put him on the bench tonight. He is very positive about everything, and I know it is one of football's oldest cliches, but it will be like having a new player in our squad."

:lazy: