Keegan after Emiliano Insua from Liverpool

JJ7
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Just on NewsNow there, link from TribalFootball, gotta love this.

Newcastle United are thought to be keen on a loan move for Liverpool's promising full-back, Emiliano Insua.

With new signing Andrea Dossena and Fabio Aurelio more established internationals in Insua's position, the move may remain an outside possibility.

The 19-year-old Argentinean would most likely head straight into the Magpies' starting line-up ahead of Jose Enrique, who has failed to live up to his £6.3 million billing from Villarreal.

"I've got to sign another left-back, as I've only got one at the club," said boss Kevin Keegan.

"That's not to say I don't fancy Jose (Enrique), I do, but I need another left-back."

Just on NewsNow there, link from TribalFootball, gotta love this.

Newcastle United are thought to be keen on a loan move for Liverpool's promising full-back, Emiliano Insua.

With new signing Andrea Dossena and Fabio Aurelio more established internationals in Insua's position, the move may remain an outside possibility.

The 19-year-old Argentinean would most likely head straight into the Magpies' starting line-up ahead of Jose Enrique, who has failed to live up to his £6.3 million billing from Villarreal.

"I've got to sign another left-back, as I've only got one at the club," said boss Kevin Keegan.

"That's not to say I don't fancy Jose (Enrique), I do, but I need another left-back."

You lost me at TribalFootball, to be honest. Joke of a website.

Guest Stephen927

What's with the Enrique vendetta in the press? Crafty buggers! :angry:

The press seem to think we have a thing for signing Spanish players who don't amount to much on big fees. Can't think of where this comes from.

Enrique has done very well under Keegan, sometimes you've got to think do they even watch our games.

Enrique gets a ridiculously bad rap from the press, he's just another easy target. I remember some twat on SSN saying 'even that Beye is playing well'. Ill-informed dickhead.

Enrique gets a ridiculously bad rap from the press, he's just another easy target. I remember some t*** on SSN saying 'even that Beye is playing well'. Ill-informed dickhead.

Alan Oliver?

Already being discussed in the realistic summer targets thread.

And? It was reported in the press here and in Liverpool today. The realistic summer targets thread is about 5000 posts long. Far too long to look all the way through and there was nothing posted on this this afternoon. I think this story fully deserves its own thread considering the story has been reported so widely.

Enrique gets a ridiculously bad rap from the press, he's just another easy target. I remember some t*** on SSN saying 'even that Beye is playing well'. Ill-informed dickhead.

Alan Oliver?

Wouldn't surprise me. He was on Sky Sports before that Reading game telling everyone how Roeder wouldn't be getting the sack. Low and behold a game or two later.....

This is the problem with the press, they say something and every simpleton in the country laps it up.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=224335.40

Would be happy for him to make the move to Newcastle. Enrique is an awful defender and I believe Emiliano would have every chance of ousting him before the year's over.

Fuck off, the kids only played 5 senior games in his entire life.

It actually makes me smile, seeing the press writing off players like Beye and Enrique. Reputation does matter in football. I bet Cristiano Ronaldo got a bit of a surprise tbh, forced him to switch wings in order for the best player in the world to be effect.

Unfortunately we had Steven Carr down that other wing.