Keegan after Emiliano Insua from Liverpool

JJ7
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the problem with the press, they say something and every simpleton in the country laps it up.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=224335.40

Would be happy for him to make the move to Newcastle. Enrique is an awful defender and I believe Emiliano would have every chance of ousting him before the year's over.

Fuck off, the kids only played 5 senior games in his entire life.

Music to my ears. Can't wait to see Enrique rape the whole fucking league next season. He's a class player.

Probably not worth it, you know what Liverpool fans are like. The world starts and ends with them and unfortunately for his rep, Jose probably had his two poorest games against Liverpool.

To be fair Insua is a far better defender than dopey Enrique, I would prefer he stayed at Liverpool to be honest, but he'll only be third choice here. Can imagine that if you do end up getting him, he'll have to be played as part of the deal. I think all of the negativity on here is just because its a bit small time for a club like Newastle to take a youngster off a big four team, but thats were Newcastle are at the moment, but honestly this will be a good deal for yous if true.

To be fair Insua is a far better defender than dopey Enrique, I would prefer he stayed at Liverpool to be honest, but he'll only be third choice here. Can imagine that if you do end up getting him, he'll have to be played as part of the deal. I think all of the negativity on here is just because its a bit small time for a club like Newastle to take a youngster off a big four team, but thats were Newcastle are at the moment, but honestly this will be a good deal for yous if true.

aye righto.

Cant honestly see the point in this loan deal, unless we have an option to buy. the main problem with enrique is his lack of experience. getting someone even younger, inexperienced and to an extent fragile seems mad. it would seem crazy even if it wasnt a loan. we need someone for enrique to learn from that we can depend on, not someone half the board will rip into if he has a bad game, whilst the other half say, give him time he will be better next year.

Never watched Enrique play, have you, genius?

What were you saying about 'Pewl fans, Wullie? :lol:

Cant honestly see the point in this loan deal, unless we have an option to buy. the main problem with enrique is his lack of experience. getting someone even younger, inexperienced and to an extent fragile seems mad. it would seem crazy even if it wasnt a loan. we need someone for enrique to learn from that we can depend on, not someone half the board will rip into if he has a bad game, whilst the other half say, give him time he will be better next year.

What you talking about? It's simple:

1.Enrique has had a season in the Premiership and is ready to start week after week

2.We haven't got a cover left back and Insua would be the cheap option on a loan deal

enrique won't learn off anyone, he just needs experience. he's very good defensivly but needs experience of english football to do more than just defending.

Enrique has had a strong half a season in the premiership, what has Insua done to be considered better?

Enrique has had a strong half a season in the premiership, what has Insua done to be considered better?

He has been good, in their RESERVES. Guess that automatically makes him better.

What you talking about? It's simple:

1.Enrique has had a season in the Premiership and is ready to start week after week

2.We haven't got a cover left back and Insua would be the cheap option on a loan deal

I'd agree with that. The way I see it is that Enrique is our first choice LB now, we need someone to back up if Kadar is going out on loan (as looks likely). We get an apparently decent player for a year's cover for naff all until our own promising youngster gets a bit of real-game experience elsewhere.

I don't care. I don't want us helping out other clubs in any way, shape or from, even if we benefit from it for a short while.

It's only helping them if Enrique is injured or suspended, and with the wages I suppose.

Where are the Keegan quotes orginally from that we need left back cover, if its true then thats great as he clearly doesn't see Zoggy as left back cover.

I hold great hopes for Enrique, he looked very raw at times last season, but I think last season would have done the lad wonders, he'll be stronger this year IMO. I would be disappointed if this Insua guy is brought in as a no 1, though I am pretty sure that won't be the case.

Where are the Keegan quotes orginally from that we need left back cover, if its true then thats great as he clearly doesn't see Zoggy as left back cover.

I hold great hopes for Enrique, he looked very raw at times last season, but I think last season would have done the lad wonders, he'll be stronger this year IMO. I would be disappointed if this Insua guy is brought in as a no 1, though I am pretty sure that won't be the case.

were printed earlier today

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Keegan-makes-loan-bid-for.4288442.jp

Guest nufc_geordie

Towards the end of last season I would go as far as saying Enrique was our best FOOTBALLER. Very comfortable on the ball, defended well and in a team with more movement he played some fantastic balls in behind the opponents centre halves and full backs. I really think he has the POTENTIAL to be a fantastic player. By no means is he there yet but if he progresses the way he did last year then  I have no worries.

If this guy is so good then i'm all for bringing him in. Enrique is first choice, this guy will provide good cover as defenders inevitably pick up injuries and suspensions. It's a no lose providing Enrique is first choice and the other guy knows his role os cover. Plus he's going to the olympics. I would be annoyed if we were paying a loanee wages whilst he was at the olympics like!