Nigel De Jong

Nicky

KEVIN KEEGAN is holding talks aimed at landing Holland star Nigel De Jong for £3million.

The Newcastle manager wants to strengthen his squad — and Hamburg’s De Jong, who starred for the Dutch at Euro 2008, fits the bill.

The German outfit, managed by former Tottenham boss Martin Jol, are keen to do the deal with the Toon as long as personal terms can be agreed.

Ex-Ajax ace De Jong is 23 and has already won 26 international caps. He can play as either a defensive midfielder or right wing-back.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1427609.ece

Nicked from tommorows Sun,  so theres probably no truth in it,  but its the first time i've seen the name linked anywhere.

Guest VegasToon

I have seen him linked somewhere else but I do really believe anything the rags write.  I even lost faith in Jolly Ol' St Nick.

Hmmm, not a great player, but would be a decent deal for 3 million.

The Sun called him 'ace'.

I'd believe The Sun over someone calling themselves "Unbelievable" tbh

Whatever you want. He's Dutch, so I've seen him play since he first broke in the Ajax team, about 5 years ago, which I presume is more than some Sun journalist. I think he's an ok player, but nothing special..

Whatever you want. He's Dutch, so I've seen him play since he first broke in the Ajax team, about 5 years ago, which I presume is more than some Sun journalist. I think he's an ok player, but nothing special..

Uberchomp.

Whoosh :lol:

Well he can play at DM aand RB so would be useful in two positions where we could do with an additional player.

IF this is true would hopefuly displace Butt and provide cover for Beye.

Also in the Sun btw:

BIRMINGHAM chairman David Gold vowed £5million-rated Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere.

Swedish midfielder Larsson has been targeted by Wigan, Newcastle and Blackburn.

Gold said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Another completely wrong?

Hopefully we'll get him anyway and Gold will be dead.

Also in the Sun btw:

BIRMINGHAM chairman David Gold vowed £5million-rated Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere.

Swedish midfielder Larsson has been targeted by Wigan, Newcastle and Blackburn.

Gold said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Another completely wrong?

Hopefully we'll get him anyway and Gold will be dead.

Not sure we need him now we've got Inler.

Wish this wasn't from the Sun as now highly unlikely although did notice that the journalist in question isn't the ace toon bullsh!tter Steve Brenner, if he'd wrote it we know it was bollocks.....if by any chance it is true i hope they make it a double swoop and bring his best mate van der vaart to keep him company.

Probably nothing in the link but i'm surprised a few of you seem to think he wouldn't be a useful addition. Looked better as a holding MF than that other lump the Dutch used and he's decent at RB so provides cover.