Let the Tories pay for Thatchers funeral.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

The leading members of the Tories are very rich people let them pay for it.

Although they could have a whip round amongst the old miners and see what reaction they get from them. 

Guest thenorthumbrian

The problem is that Thatchers policies were so destructive and divisive especially for the people of the North East that a state funeral would create bitterness amongst many people here.

Guest Sniffer

Unions were completely out of control run. She did the right thing standing up to them.

She had bigger balls than most of the men who've run this country...... into the ground.

Unions were completely out of control run. She did the right thing standing up to them.

She had bigger balls than most of the men who've run this country...... into the ground.

I rarely agree with sniff, but I can see where he is coming from on this one.

Appropriate centrepiece for a time of national catharsis? For better or for worse, there aren't many who don't feel strongly moved by her, one way or another.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I suppose that the point I am making is that it shoudn't be a state funeral as she destroyed half the state she was meant to be looking after.

The northern half...

Guest Sniffer

I suppose that the point I am making is that it shoudn't be a state funeral as she destroyed half the state she was meant to be looking after.

The northern half...

And the unions made sure they destroyed the other half?

Aye, she was right to stand up to them but it went to her head and she went way to far with future policies.

The problem is that Thatchers policies were so destructive and divisive especially for the people of the North East that a state funeral would create bitterness amongst many people here.

you mean when the place was full of dirty shipyards & mines loads of unemployment and the Quayside looked like Chernobyl?

moneterism failed. the unions needed put in line but we didn't need 15%intrest rates or flogging off the utilities  way below value and the then to not keep them in check.

I'd put control of utilities in the hands of the third sector. Run them as social businesses. Reinvesting any surplus/profit in service improvements rather than fat cat salaries and dividends for shareholders.

I bet Cameron is really hoping the old bat hangs on until after the next election.  The worst thing that could happen to the Tories is her funeral, obituaries, and accompanying televised/published retrospectives of what happened last time they were in charge (after 10 years of New Labour's incompetence had made people forget). 

I bet Cameron is really hoping the old bat hangs on until after the next election.  The worst thing that could happen to the Tories is her funeral, obituaries, and accompanying televised/published retrospectives of what happened last time they were in charge (after 10 years of New Labour's incompetence had made people forget). 

you reckon ? nowt like death for making people forget someones bad points......loads of free publicity.

a piece of political ITK......labiour trying to buy the rights to the photographs of the bullingdon club photo and the lamont announcing withdrawl from the ERM with advisor cameron in the background photo.

you reckon ? nowt like death for making people forget someones bad points......loads of free publicity.

a piece of political ITK......labiour trying to buy the rights to the photographs of the bullingdon club photo and the lamont announcing withdrawl from the ERM with advisor cameron in the background photo.

Hope they cant afford the gas or electricity to burn her......cos its down to her that the prices are rising astronomically,cos shes the hag that privatised them.Very good leader but her Robin Hood in reverse policies make her my most hated woman of my life.

Hope they cant afford the gas or electricity to burn her......cos its down to her that the prices are rising astronomically,cos shes the hag that privatised them.Very good leader but her Robin Hood in reverse policies make her my most hated woman of my life.

This calls for a collection

http://www.justgiving.com/burnthatcherburn

Will probably raise more than Bobby