Fish-related crisis

Chrissy Bee

So, I've moved to South Shields and I've noticed I'm by the sea. Where do I buy fish and crabs around here? My parents used to buy them all the time when I lived up here as a child but I've had no luck.

I've looked around South Shields on foot and the internet is fairly unhelpful for matters like this but does anyone know of a good fishmonger or market anywhere around here (that can be reached by metro/ferry)? The locals I've spoken to don't like fish. :idiot2:

Guest icemanblue

ASDA.

Failing that, try North Shields Fish Quay. I'm pretty sure it's still there, and can be reached on the ferry.

So, I've moved to South Shields and I've noticed I'm by the sea. Where do I buy fish and crabs around here? My parents used to buy them all the time when I lived up here as a child but I've had no luck.

I've looked around South Shields on foot and the internet is fairly unhelpful for matters like this but does anyone know of a good fishmonger or market anywhere around here (that can be reached by metro/ferry)? The locals I've spoken to don't like fish. :idiot2:

Fish Quay in North Shields.

If you can't get over the water to the Fish Quay then this one's canny:

R Latimer

Whitburn Service Station, Whitburn Bents Road, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear SR6 7NT

Tel: 0191 5292200

Only 5 minutes down the road. :)

Guest tooncrazy

i cant remember what its called but there's a plaice in frederick street that might be worth trying

I'll try the Fish Quay, going that way today. I don't have a car yet for the place you suggested Midds, but I'll keep it in mind for if/when I get one. Frederick street's a great location, I'll check that one out too.

Cheers lads.