Other clubs' pre-season friendlies

simmsy10

Gareth Barry booed every touch of the ball by his own fans.

To be expected I suppose. You reap what you sow.

Bet they won't get the media backlash like we have at times. I agree with them though, fuck him.

Bet they won't get the media backlash like we have at times. I agree with them though, fuck him.

Hope Barry is straight on the phone to Benitez and Gerrard tonight though.

You can't treat a club like Villa the way they have done. They've helped to make his position untenable at Villa now and he'll get pelters home and away for the foreseeable.  Good. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a goal by Lampard in China ala the Rooney chip v Portsmouth a couple of seasons ago

The MLS All Stars/West Ham match was actually pretty decent.  Parker looks the same as he did for us - lots of twisting and turning no end product.  Blanco's finish was classy as hell as was his assist for the first goal - he deserved MVP.

Instead of posting the actual video you can go to this page and see a nice little write-up/highlights reel from the match: http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2008/07/david-beckham-h.html

Hope Barry is straight on the phone to Benitez and Gerrard tonight though.

You can't treat a club like Villa the way they have done. They've helped to make his position untenable at Villa now and he'll get pelters home and away for the foreseeable.  Good. 

I'm going to watch our Intertoto match against Odense tomorrow (I expect us to go out, incidentally).

Here's a few predictions.

1. Barry will play.

2. Barry will get booed by about 30 percent of the crowd.

3. He'll play well and the booing will stop.

4. Sunday morning, the press will be full of "OMG! Barry Boo Hell!!!" nonsense, when nothing of the sort has happened.