Director of Football

Mr. Slugworth

i would love to see houillier in as dof

cant see him leaving lyon for that job however, but i am reading gerrads book at the moment and the bloke sounds first rate.

i guess his trophy haul at liverpool would back that up

Would be a great move, but I shudder to think who we'd appoint. Shearer probably. Could do with a Chief Executive too so that Fat Boy isn't Chairman and CE, don't think that happens at any top club.

cant see him leaving lyon for that job however, but i am reading gerrads book at the moment and the bloke sounds first rate.

Exactly. Guaranteed titles and praise at Lyon, or taking the flak for a bad signing at Newcastle...hmmm.

Exactly. Guaranteed titles and praise at Lyon, or taking the flak for a bad signing at Newcastle...hmmm.

he would have given up the guaranteed titles and praise at lyon for our managers job, i know that for a fact, whether he does it for our dof however, i very much doubt

Guest thompers

We won't get the right man for that job either. Some washed out old has-been player that's never been a DOF in his life, imo.

Good long term idea.  Not really interested in seeing it happen now though, as it'll just buy Shepherd more time to **** things up.

Agree totally - Shepherd must go before ANY major decisions are taken about the future Coaching/Management of the club ; it is a waste of time & money to bring people in now unless the current regime are NOT going to sell - in that case, they are going to have an unhappy set of fans, and a battle of attrition .......

If Fred is clever (which he isn't) he'd realise that he has a big fucking fight on his hands to maintain the current status quo, as the fans won't put up with this shite any more.  If Sir John and Dougie want to cash in, Fred will lose his majority and with the fans against him, he might as well try and cut his losses.  In that case, he can 'add value' to the club by putting a few measures in place to make it more attractive to potential investors i.e. Doug Ellis appointing MO'N.  One such measure would be to appoint a good D of F.

he would have given up the guaranteed titles and praise at lyon for our managers job, i know that for a fact, whether he does it for our dof however, i very much doubt

Really?

You ask him in person or sent an email?  bluebigrazz.gif

If results don't improve, who's for moving Glenn upstairs and bringing in someone like Alan Curbishley??

It'd be a shame imo as Glenn is an excellent coach.  Would have been better to bring in someone like Houllier in the summer and appoint Glenn as his assistant...

If results don't improve, who's for moving Glenn upstairs and bringing in someone like Alan Curbishley??

It'd be a shame imo as Glenn is an excellent coach.  Would have been better to bring in someone like Houllier in the summer and appoint Glenn as his assistant...

Bringing in Houllier as DoF and moving Roeder back to run the Academy would be a better option imho.  Curbishley (I think) is possibly the best English example of an English manager who would encompass the idea of a DoF.  The best options would be from the continent simply because they are more used to the concept.