James Milner keen to negotiate better Newcastle deal (Other Contracts too)

Stu

Smith can't possibly be on high wages, Ashley only pays restrictively low wages remember.

Saves the big wages for his favourites obviously.  O0

Touché. :laugh:

Ashley tried to back Allardyce's judgement, I think we all did at some point.

Smith can't possibly be on high wages, Ashley only pays restrictively low wages remember.

Saves the big wages for his favourites obviously.  O0

Touché. :laugh:

Ashley tried to back Allardyce's judgement, I think we all did at some point.

If he did, that's exactly why it'd make no sense for him to NOT back his own appointment...

If he did, that's exactly why it'd make no sense for him to NOT back his own appointment...

The stupid thing is that we have no proof that Ashley isn't backing Keegan other than baseless press coverage, where we have quotes we have evidence that Keegan is being backed.  The behaviour of Keegan also suggests that he is being backed because we've seen before what happens when he's not.

I can't see Cacapa earning twice as much as Milner if I'm being honest.

40k a week for a free-transfer, 6-time French league winner? Stranger things have happened

Answered your own question there haven't you? Cacapa earned that sort of wage (if that's what he's on) for his past record. Milner has done f*ck all to justify that. Cacapa & Smith will be gone soon so just because we've made two mistakes shouldn't mean we blow similar wages on Milner as well.

I can't see Cacapa earning twice as much as Milner if I'm being honest.

40k a week for a free-transfer, 6-time French league winner? Stranger things have happened

Answered your own question there haven't you? Cacapa earned that sort of wage (if that's what he's on) for his past record. Milner has done f*ck all to justify that. Cacapa & Smith will be gone soon so just because we've made two mistakes shouldn't mean we blow similar wages on Milner as well.

Er, I was responding to the comment that 2j couldn't see Cacapa earning double Milner's current salary - £20kpw isn't unreasonable for a player of his age/experience/etc.

As pointed out elsewhere in the thread, you can't fault Milner for looking at the likes of Duff, Smith, Cacapa and wondering why he's being paid considerably less - particularly when there's continued press speculation linking him with Villa, Liverpool, etc.

On the other hand, as you've said, we shouldn't base our wage structure upon the mistakes of Owen, Smith, etc.