The Open

Belfast Boy

Anyone keeping in touch with the golf?

Just checked the leaderboard again and Greg Norman is still on top. Some Columbian I have never heard of in second place though, Villegas.

His first round was 6 over and he had a couple more early bogeys today. He finished there with 5 birdies on the trot and is sitting on 1 over, one behind Norman.

http://scoring.opengolf.com/leaderboard.sps?iTourNo=2008060&optsel=pos&iTourId=7

Thinking of putting a bet on Goosen to win it.

Did you do that in the end? Had a bad round today but hardly out of it by any means. I backed Rose but he's not at much either.

I'd love to see Norman win it, was my favourite when I was young. It'd be immense really.

Smart money is on Harrington probably though, though I'd be very surprised if Choi isn't there or thereabouts at the end of things.

Great thing about it is that any of the guys that made the cut could shoot a 67 tomorrow and that'd shoot them right up the leaderboard as I can see the leaders going backwards rather than picking up shots. The weather forecast is fucking horrific for tomorrow, such make for fun viewing.

Guest lankybellwipe

a hope montgomery wins it

a severly doubt it tho

You hope Monty wins, but you then say you severley doubt that you hope he wins?

WHATS IT TO BE DIV?

Guest lankybellwipe

Never seen the attraction of golf as a spectator sport.

Suppose not, when you're stood by a par 3 green, and a titleist puts a hairline fracture in your cranium!

But what a fun 1st day eh!

Bet the umbrella man made a fackin killing! (like the titleist)

I'd love it if Greg Norman can keep up his form over the first 2 days and win, was my golfing hero when i was younger and starting to play, his book Shark Attack was like my bible!!!  With bad weather forecast over the weekend i don't think you can rule out anyone that has made the cut!! Some big players have just scraped in and if they go out early 2moro, get lucky with the weather and shoot a decent score before the weather worsens they could be right in the mix for Sunday.  I've backed Adam Scott and Sergio so hopefully that scenario comes true!

Never seen the attraction of golf as a spectator sport.

It is kind of relaxing in a way. I'd not watch an entire event but a half hour here and there is fine.

Cricket, now that's boring.

Coming across very ignorant here, but can someone please explain how they get to the final score? I see Harrington is on +7 or something. Obviously that means 7 over par but how is it worked out across all the rounds? Is that an average over all the holes?

Confused.

Coming across very ignorant here, but can someone please explain how they get to the final score? I see Harrington is on +7 or something. Obviously that means 7 over par but how is it worked out across all the rounds? Is that an average over all the holes?

Confused.

It's just +7 over the whole four days. If he finished 1 over par on each of the four days, he'd have a final score of +4.