Who can Keegan improve the most?

Dave

We all know that last year was a load of shit, but I think we all also realise that though some of our players are completely crap, some are just playing well below where they should be.

Owen, Butt and to some degree Barton, Taylor and even Geremi are the ones that raised their games the most at the end of last year IMO. Not saying they were all great, but they all got back somewhere like where they should be. Or at least were getting there...

Who can Keegan work with and get performing something like their normal level, to justify their reputations and wage packet? Looking forward to hopefully seeing Milner and N'Zogbia (if the mardy arse stays) improve next season myself. There's talent there, we're just not seeing it.

I think Milner can really come on to a game under Keegan. Duff and Smith have just gone past the point of no return I think. Think Butt's age will catch up with him this season. Hopefully Zog will sort himself out too.

Guest neesy111

i think enrique will get better, beye can continue from last season

charlie will be better used in midfield

milner after a full pre-season will be much faster and hopefully keegan will get him to cross better

martins will be the biggest improvement, no shooting practice under big sam ffs, keegan type player

jonas and gutherie will be key players as well

I think he will give all the players self belief and think if he could get duff to actually beat a man like he used to would be great.

I would like to see him improve zog,milner and martins most though as these three could be key if he does

I think he can improve Milners game but my biggest worry about Jimmy is his pace. Technically he maybe better than Gillespie but doesn't posses half his pace.

It will be exciting to see Martins have a full season under KK, and I am hoping Jailbird Joey will take his last chance, hopefully Keegan can get Man Cityesq type performances from him.

See I don't think milners pace is the problem. Its the way he cuts back on himself to much and his passing needs working on. Keegan probably needs to work on crossing and movement with him and the rest of the wingers also though.

Guest optimistic nit

i think the whole team should see an effect, provided he still has the old magic, which i think he has, although  we need to see the old given back more than any other player.

With the exception of Owen, Butt and Beye the whole fucking lot of them need help.

Cracking contribution, not to mention a load of utter toss at the same time.

First off, every player can improve. Second of all - Owen? Owen's forgotten how to be a striker tbh - if last season's anything to go by; aye he improved later on when he went into what was essentially an attacking midfielder role. He was garbage as an out and out striker though; if Keegan can improve Owen then it'll be quality.

Butt though... i still can't get over how he's so popular with some people - can't pass, can't shoot, doesn't protect the back four well enough. Atleast from what was seen last season. He did alright in the last few games, when he was a 'sort-of' playmaker with short passes linking the midfield to the wing-backs.

Beye was pretty much top notch last season and if he puts in an identical performance this coming year then i'll be happy, but like i say, any player can improve. He's not much of a crosser of the ball, that can certainly be improved on.

Milner I would say. He's a better player than Gillespie, and look what Keegan did for him.

He has never reached anywhere near Keith Gillespie's level. Never will either tbh

Milner I would say. He's a better player than Gillespie, and look what Keegan did for him.

He has never reached anywhere near Keith Gillespie's level. Never will either tbh

Are you willing to bet on that? Gillespie would.

Balls! Gillespie was quicker and actually could cross!

I may be a tad bias as i'm from Northern Ireland tho! O0

Edit: Maybe i should actually read Chezgivens post! At least i'm not the only one who feels this way!

With the exception of Owen, Butt and Beye the whole fucking lot of them need help.

I know some folk refer to Keegan as the "Geordie Messiah", but I think some people are taking that a bit too literally if they think he can work literal miracles turning lazy, bone-idle, overpaid, self-centred, petulant prima donnas into stalwart, dedicated, talented, exciting, cavalier, extrovert players and a world-class team.

Basically, we're fucked.  :lol:

With the exception of Owen, Butt and Beye the whole f***ing lot of them need help.

I know some folk refer to Keegan as the "Geordie Messiah", but I think some people are taking that a bit too literally if they think he can work literal miracles turning lazy, bone-idle, overpaid, self-centred, petulant prima donnas into stalwart, dedicated, talented, exciting, cavalier, extrovert players and a world-class team.

Basically, we're f***ed.  :lol:

he focuses on the basics....pass and move. if we'd done that adequately all season ,at easter we'd have been working out wether we could make europe not avoiding relegation.