Man Utd and Liverpool reported to the Premier League

Dave

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/chairmanspeaksout180708.html

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players. It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United. Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

"Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the Club's permission.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence. This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester Utd and Liverpool respectively.

"Irrespective of the outcome and futures of Robbie and Dimitar, we are continuing to seek to bring in quality, talented players for the future, who want to play in a Spurs shirt."

Now I dislike Spurs as much as anyone, but I can only applaud this action. The arrogance of the big clubs is fucking ridiculous and it's about time they were brought to book for such blatant underhanded working.

I thought Fergie's comments were rather hypocritical like, given his complaining of late.

Agreed. Its frighteneing how arrogant they can be given they way they have been slating Real Madrid.

Kind of brought it all back home to me why I hate Ferguson, Man U and their fans

Guest kingdawson

Daniel Levy is such a top chairman imho. Never takes no s*** the big clubs try and throw our way (ffs he managed to get £6 mill for Frank Arnesen)

Daniel Levy is such a top chairman imho. Never takes no s*** the big clubs try and throw our way (ffs he managed to get £6 mill for Frank Arnesen)

Problem is they'll not be punished in a way that will stop them doing it again.  And they'll both be leaving Spurs.

The hypocrisy of Man Utd is startling.  How dare they go after Berbatov pubically after they told Real not to go after Ronaldo pubically.  The problem is they know they can just throw money at the problem (after they are found to breach the rules and get fined) and are no worse for the wear.  Fining them is not the answer, but unfortunately I don't know what is.

Guest kingdawson

Problem is they'll not be punished in a way that will stop them doing it again.  And they'll both be leaving Spurs.

Yeh you're right. Nothing we can do now except get the best deal possible.

The hypocrisy of Man Utd is startling.  How dare they go after Berbatov pubically after they told Real not to go after Ronaldo pubically.  The problem is they know they can just throw money at the problem (after they are found to breach the rules and get fined) and are no worse for the wear.  Fining them is not the answer, but unfortunately I don't know what is.

the answer...a transfer embargo..not allowed to sign a player in for 12 or 24 months.

Guest kingdawson

didn't spurs do the same with chimbonda and dawson,lennon and jenas to a slightly lesser extent.

ermmmmm what? Dawson was signed in a suprise deal at the end of the january transfer window (2004 along with Reid), Lennon was also done quietly, and i have no recolection of us doing anything wrong in both the Chimbonda and jj deals.

Guest Mcdonald36

Sounds like PR to shift the blame and stop a fans revolt after selling their best players. Levy is transparent as f***.

Spurs unsettled Chimbonda for months after Whelan insisted that he wasn't for sale, and they blatently tapped up Poyet and Ramos while he was still at Sevilla.

Goes on all the time. Spurs fans will just blame United now instead of their incompetent board.

Ramos was in the press yesterday talking about balancing the books. Absolute joke of a club.

Guest nwgeordie

How about a point penalty during the forthcoming season?

Guest Mcdonald36

I can't stand the big four, but neither can I stand this hypocrisy over so called 'tapping up'. Everyone does it and always have.

If Levy doesn't want to sell his best players he doesnt have to, heads turned or not, it's that simple.

The fact is he's been touting Berbatov around for a while.

How about a point penalty during the forthcoming season?

That will neve happen. The prem dont have the stones.

didn't spurs do the same with chimbonda and dawson,lennon and jenas to a slightly lesser extent.

ermmmmm what? Dawson was signed in a suprise deal at the end of the january transfer window (2004 along with Reid), Lennon was also done quietly, and i have no recolection of us doing anything wrong in both the Chimbonda and jj deals.

maybe the evening standard didn't report it i know chimbonda was quoted well before his move saying how good a move it would be. lennon was linked well before his move and yes jj did say how good a move to spurs would be for him while jol said words to the affect of "if a player like jenas became available we would be interested"

Guest kingdawson

yep i agree that Downing was one but i dont agree with the rest. I remember Wenger saying some positive things about jj the time he was looking for a replacement for viera.

yep i agree that Downing was one but i dont agree with the rest. I remember Wenger saying some positive things about jj the time he was looking for a replacement for viera.

Chalk & cheese  :laugh:

Guest Mcdonald36

The Spanish club's president, Jose Maria Del Nido, confirmed he would report the matter to FIFA and UEFA.

Ramos resigned from his post at Sevilla on Friday in order to replace Martin Jol in the White Hart Lane hot-seat.

"I can assure you that we at Sevilla will pour all of our energy and all of our force into making sure that Tottenham pay the consequences of this situation, a situation that they have illegitimately provoked," Del Nido said.

"We will do everything in our power and use all the means at our disposal to make sure of that.

"Here in Spain we are not used to treachery existing between clubs. Nowhere in European football has something like this happened before with the season underway.

"I will leave it for Spurs and their fans to take a look at themselves and define their behaviour."