Man Utd and Liverpool reported to the Premier League

Dave

Its all about players not putting in tranfer requests any more to gather the 10% of the transfer fee.Van Hooijdonk started it at Forest and several players have done it since,including Domi,players have too much power since Bosman.Crying shame really because halfway between pre Bosman and now would probanly work ok.

As for this being a new thing,i agree with Madras.Managers used to meet other managers at service stations etc. to keep prospective deals quiet.The advent of agents has really been the cause of this imho.

Guest kingdawson

Have they reported Sunderland as well by the way for their disgusting attempt at trying to unsettle Kaboul, Chimbonda, Malbranque & Tainio. ;)

Again i ask, can you please explain to me what exactly we did wrong in the Bostock deal and where you got your info about Poyet?

Guest kingdawson

I see this is going to be a case of you listing a whole lot of players and not really having any sort of evidence to support your claim (i.e making things up).

Okay then...

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/news/spurs-accused-of-tapping-up-18333401.html

Leeds United chairman Ken Bates is also upset about the way his assistant manager, Gustavo Poyet, was targeted by Tottenham.

Speculation that the former Spurs player was set to rejoin the club as a coach led Leeds to tell the Uruguayan to stay away from their match with Millwall.

Bates told the paper: "I was watching the Uefa Cup ties on Thursday when Sky told me my assistant manager was off to Spurs. What's that all about?"

Spurs claim they have made an official approach to Leeds to speak with Poyet.

Official bid, yet the bloke who was supposed to have received this bid found out from Sky? Fishy don't you think?

I see this is going to be a case of you listing a whole lot of players and not really having any sort of evidence to support your claim (i.e making things up).

it;s like technically man utd have no case against real madrid....psv had no case against man utd with ruud van longface etc etc etc

Hoddle.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20010328/ai_n14369532

TOTTENHAM COULD be the subject of a Premier League investigation for approaching Glenn Hoddle to be their new manager before they had received the formal permission of Southampton's chairman, Rupert Lowe, it emerged last night. The development came after Hoddle flew home yesterday from a family holiday in South Africa and went straight into talks with Tottenham officials rather than return to Southampton and take a training session as planned.

Under Premier League rules any club interested in hiring another club's manager must ask permission from the current employer before talks begin. Tottenham, who sacked George Graham earlier this month, insisted yesterday afternoon that they had been given formal permission over the weekend by Lowe to speak to Hoddle, whose Southampton contract runs until the end of next season. Sources at The Dell say this was not the case, and that an official complaint about an illegal approach is being considered.

Again, if Spurs had agreed a deal with Southampton, why would they deny it?

many clubs act like bastards in the transfer market but only get pissed off when it happens to them. it's realpolitik, levy isn't morally outraged he's doing this for other reasons.

Ie, looking all upset and making it look to the fans like he's trying his damndest to keep his two star players when he probably knows deep down they're gone.

Guest kingdawson

Okay then...

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/news/spurs-accused-of-tapping-up-18333401.html

Leeds United chairman Ken Bates is also upset about the way his assistant manager, Gustavo Poyet, was targeted by Tottenham.

Speculation that the former Spurs player was set to rejoin the club as a coach led Leeds to tell the Uruguayan to stay away from their match with Millwall.

Bates told the paper: "I was watching the Uefa Cup ties on Thursday when Sky told me my assistant manager was off to Spurs. What's that all about?"

Spurs claim they have made an official approach to Leeds to speak with Poyet.

Official bid, yet the bloke who was supposed to have received this bid found out from Sky? Fishy don't you think?

The wise and trusted words of Ken bloody Bates. Where's the bit where we still owe them compensation? and i'll ask again, what did we do wrong with Bostock?

The only 2 cases i honestly beleive we acted wrong was Ramos and Downing.

In regards to Daniel Levys statement, The bit i highlighted in bold a page back, is the key point imo. Their seems much more then meets the eye. If Levy has conclusive evidence that either club has met with the player, his agent, or representatives of the player, then he has a fair point and both clubs should be punished.

Guest Scouseman

All very well. Until it happens to you.

Ferguson is a c***, but at least he's not a delusional c*** like Benitez, who has done it several times this transfer window.

So "delusional" he will end up with both the players he has so called "done it" to this window.

The issue being with Benitez that he hasn't actually got the money to buy the players he wants, so he has to resort to this kind of behaviour to put Spurs and Villa in an untenable position.

Again, how do you know how much Benitez has to spend?  Is it that the press don't speak bollocks when it favours your club?

I don't blame you for getting upset at losing a player who has done well with you, that's understandable, but the way you go on as though MON is a paragon of virtue is pathetic.  He isn't, and never has been and can be as sneaky as the rest when it suits him. He's used the press and TV as a platform to shit stir through this whole saga, I find that contemptable, but each to his own. 

He says one thing, Rafa says another, it's down to who you believe. 

Guest Franks Wild Years

Gary Lineker:

"Eventually, in 1989, I left for Tottenham, again after being tapped up. And I happily admit to that because, in any business other than football, it is considered absolutely normal. If you are a top financial man at Merrill Lynch and HSBC fancy you, then they will send in a headhunter to tap you up. There would be no question of you being denied the chance to talk to them, so why should football be any different?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/09/24/sfnlin24.xml

Gary Lineker:

"Eventually, in 1989, I left for Tottenham, again after being tapped up. And I happily admit to that because, in any business other than football, it is considered absolutely normal. If you are a top financial man at Merrill Lynch and HSBC fancy you, then they will send in a headhunter to tap you up. There would be no question of you being denied the chance to talk to them, so why should football be any different?"

I agree.

Guest LucaAltieri

Gary Lineker:

I agree.

I don't.

Football isn't a regular job and regular rules can't apply.  The fate of Merrill Lynch isn't decided by 11 men every weekend. Losing one person, even the top one, wouldn't make that much of an impact.

In other fields of employment there are many things the company can do to make their money. If they can't compete in one way then the can move on to some other niche. In football it's all about what happens on the pitch.

If the clubs weren't protected and anyone could just approach their players then there would be no opportunity for the smaller clubs to catch up with the bigger teams.

It would be a nightmare for clubs like us and spurs if man united etc could just approach any player they liked. We'd end up feeder teams for them, testing to see if players can cut it in the premiership before they move in. We'd never have the opportunity to improve.

Guest Mcdonald36

many clubs act like bastards in the transfer market but only get pissed off when it happens to them. it's realpolitik, levy isn't morally outraged he's doing this for other reasons.

:snod:

Guest Mcdonald36

Those rules don't count for the international movement of management and coaches.

As far as I recall Spurs weren't linked at all to Chimbonda before he asked for a transfer.

Take the blinkers off. Sevilla's chairman felt compelled enough to report your "disgraceful behaviour" to the FA.

As for Chimbonda - don't make me laugh. The players head was turned by your interest and you continued to pursue him for weeks on end after his club made it perfectly clear that he was not for sale, eventually caving in because the player was adamant that he wanted to leave and was starting to force a move.

So don't come on here crying foul when it happens to you.

Short and selective memories in football.

Guest hodsgod

Those rules don't count for the international movement of management and coaches.

As far as I recall Spurs weren't linked at all to Chimbonda before he asked for a transfer.

Take the blinkers off. Sevilla's chairman felt compelled enough to report your "disgraceful behaviour" to the FA.

As for Chimbonda - don't make me laugh. The players head was turned by your interest and you continued to pursue him for weeks on end after his club made it perfectly clear that he was not for sale, eventually caving in because the player was adamant that he wanted to leave and was starting to force a move.

I don't think I cried foul at all, just tried to put my opinion.  I really dont remember Spurs being linked at all to Chimbonda before he put his request in.

I can only assume that Levy is trying to do things above board these days. You dont hear Blackburn complaining about illegal approaches for Bentley. (maybe next week haha)

Guest Mcdonald36

Bentley has had his head turned by your interest, and others before you. Without genuine evidence of direct 'tapping up' that is no different to what United have done with Berbatov.

What goes around comes around. You're just lower on the food chain.

Will you give a s*** about Blackburn when he signs for you?

That was a political statment by Levy, pure and simple. I bet your forums today are full of anger at the two players, when they should be questioning why you're selling your best players again after spending all this money recently, and hiring a top manager with aspirations of breaking into the top four.

Capel told Diario de Sevilla: 'For sure everybody wants to grow as a footballer, I'm at a great club, but you always have better objectives.'

When asked whether he knew of Spurs' interest, Capel said: 'I know there's something but the club [sevilla] trust me and I owe them for this confidence. 

'[Tottenham manager Juande Ramos] didn't speak to me, he did with my agent I presume, yes. My representatives deal with this."

That wouldn't be innocent little Spurs going off to talk to a player's agent without the club knowing would it?

Capel told Diario de Sevilla: 'For sure everybody wants to grow as a footballer, I'm at a great club, but you always have better objectives.'

When asked whether he knew of Spurs' interest, Capel said: 'I know there's something but the club [sevilla] trust me and I owe them for this confidence. 

'[Tottenham manager Juande Ramos] didn't speak to me, he did with my agent I presume, yes. My representatives deal with this."

That wouldn't be innocent little Spurs going off to talk to a player's agent without the club knowing would it?

:lol:

Its all utter shite, the whole fucking business.

Guest kingdawson

Wrong again. Chimbonda put in a transfer request at the last game of the season which was before we were linked to him.