Man Utd and Liverpool reported to the Premier League

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Bentley has had his head turned by your interest, and others before you. Without genuine evidence of direct 'tapping up' that is no different to what United have done with Berbatov.

What goes around comes around. You're just lower on the food chain.

Will you give a s*** about Blackburn when he signs for you?

That was a political statment by Levy, pure and simple. I bet your forums today are full of anger at the two players, when they should be questioning why you're selling your best players again after spending all this money recently, and hiring a top manager with aspirations of breaking into the top four.

Except for united making their interest public and us not saying a word about our interest in the press?

Bentley has had his head turned by your interest, and others before you. Without genuine evidence of direct 'tapping up' that is no different to what United have done with Berbatov.

That was a political statment by Levy, pure and simple. I bet your forums today are full of anger at the two players, when they should be questioning why you're selling your best players again after spending all this money recently, and hiring a top manager with aspirations of breaking into the top four.

Except for united making their interest public and us not saying a word about our interest in the press?

What difference does it make whether you tap-up a player in private, or tap-up a player in public?

Guest kingdawson

What difference does it make whether you tap-up a player in private, or tap-up a player in public?

WE DIDNT TAP BENTLEY UP, is my point mate. Where exactly is this Bentley information comming from?

Optimistic you've failed (for the 4th time now i think) to answer the question put forward to you by myself.

WE DIDNT TAP BENTLEY UP, is my point mate. Where exactly is this Bentley information comming from?

Optimistic you've failed (for the 4th time now i think) to answer the question put forward to you by myself.

Until I see evidence of Man Utd talking to Berbatov without permission i'm taking story as Spurs spitting their dummy out that someone wants their best player, has said so in public (which is NOT against the rules) and that he wants to go.

I wasn't replying about the Bentley thing. I was more interested in the public or private thing you hinted on. What's the difference between Ferguson saying he wants Berbatov in a Press-Conference, and Ramos talking to Capel's agent in private? If anything, isn't it a bit naughtier what Ramos has done?

Guest kingdawson

Until I see evidence of Man Utd talking to Berbatov without permission i'm taking story as Spurs spitting their dummy out that someone wants their best player, has said so in public (which is NOT against the rules) and that he wants to go.

Public Statements

8. A statement made publicly by or on behalf of a Club expressing interest in acquiring the registration

of a Contract Player or by a Contract Player expressing interest in transferring his registration to

another Club (or club) shall in either case be treated as an indirect approach for the purposes of Rules

K.3 and K.6.

Public Statements

8. A statement made publicly by or on behalf of a Club expressing interest in acquiring the registration

of a Contract Player or by a Contract Player expressing interest in transferring his registration to

another Club (or club) shall in either case be treated as an indirect approach for the purposes of Rules

K.3 and K.6.

Shit is that the rule? Apologies in which case I didn't know.

Even so, that rule is absolutely ridiculous.

Public Statements

K.3 and K.6.

Doesnt mean anything anyway as it doesnt say anything about private statements or actions. It just means that even if you dont approach the player personally but do it through the press, its still tapping up.

Guest Mcdonald36
Wrong again. Chimbonda put in a transfer request

I wonder why.......................

He seemed content at Wigan and then there was murmourings in the media about your interest and, suprise surprise, he eventually signs for you.

Anyway, both United and Liverpool had contacted Spurs before they made their interest public. At least Liverpol did as I remember Benitez on SSN being asked if he was interested in Keane and he replied "yes" and that they have made contact with Spurs and they were waiting to hear back.

So I don't think that K3 and K6 rule applies.

Guest Phil K

Now I dislike Spurs as much as anyone, but I can only applaud this action. The arrogance of the big clubs is f***ing ridiculous and it's about time they were brought to book for such blatant underhanded working.

I agree - the absolute mountainous hypocrisy of that tosser Taggert is quite simply beyond belief, after his ranting about the Portuguese diver and Real Madrid.

It was no surprise, though listening to the gloryhunter b****rds ringing into Sky Sports News and Talk Sport whining in agreement with Taggert - and all coming from everywhere BUT Manchester !

Guest quklaani

Delurking again to say I told you all so

However Old Trafford boss Ferguson maintains he never mentioned anyone by name when he revealed they had tabled a bid for a player.

Ferguson claims his remarks were reported wrongly by a national newspaper and that United may now bring in their legal team.

"I like him, Kaboul," he told reporters. "He's a young player I tried to sign before and I'm interested, but the price has got to be right.

"We can't be paying over the top, you've got to pay what you consider to be a fair price for players.".

"I think clubs, like us, need to do a deal where if you go and play games and they're successful, great, you pay the money," Redknapp continued.

Seriously, how does he keep getting away with it?

However Old Trafford boss Ferguson maintains he never mentioned anyone by name when he revealed they had tabled a bid for a player.

Ferguson claims his remarks were reported wrongly by a national newspaper and that United may now bring in their legal team.

I must admit I heard Ferguson talking about a bid but mentioned no names... I think that was SSN Wednesday night.

Then Thursday morning on Talksport, I hear Moose n the 7AM news talking about him saying he has bid for Berbatov. I did wonder at the time where they got that info from

Brilliant. :lol:

Speaking after the 1-1 draw against Kaizer Chiefs in the Vodacom Challenge in South Africa, he said: "It is going to be very embarrassing for them (Tottenham).

"But you know what Daniel Levy is like. He is different."

Guest kingdawson

“With regard to United, we have confirmed comments came from Sir Alex talking at a supporters’ meeting.

“Our evidence will be submitted to the Premier League, all checked by our lawyers. We would not have said what we said without substantial evidence.

“And it is worth asking Alex Ferguson if he is happy to confirm that at no point has anyone from Old Trafford ever spoken to the player or his agent given that Tottenham has never given permission.”

Guest quklaani

Saw this on redcafe and it made me laugh:

NOTW: "Fergie said: “It is going to look embarrassing for Tottenham. They based their complaint on a newspaper story and I don’t know where those comments came from. They certainly didn’t come from me."

His actual words:

“It is going to be very embarrassing for Tottenham because they have based their complaint on a story in The Sun. I don’t know where they got these quotes from, but it certainly wasn’t me."

The cheeky gits...

edit:

“With regard to United, we have confirmed comments came from Sir Alex talking at a supporters’ meeting.

Heh, so it was exactly as I thought then.  Fergie said off-record to some fans that he thought we'd sign Berbatov and the Sun found out (via Redcafe it seems) and printed.  Truly one of the worst offences in the history in the Premier League.

Guest quklaani

I'm aware of Levy's claims that he has some kind of super-sexy dossier which proves SAF is a big b******, as if we didn't already know that.  I think hes bluffing, but even if he isn't so what.  We all know this is a PR exercise and if the league started sanctioning clubs for being underhand in transfers they'd have to penalise the entire league.  Everyone's at it, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.  My amusement stems from the fact that Levy started his big hissyfit with:

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players. It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid*

Which as we now know (and those of who pay attention to more than the Sun knew already) is a load of rubbish.

Seriously, Spurs are a joke, you're selling your best players...again, and because your chairman has come out with all this rubbish few of you will be chanting "Sack the Board!" when the new season rolls around.  I can understand losing Berbatov to say, the champions of Europe, no club can be embarrased by that.**  But losing your Captain (and he pretty much is) to the team that invariably finishes 4th...At least Villa have kicked up a fuss over Barry and have managed to come out looking in the right about it all.  You lot are just acting the victim like you did with Carrick while flogging Keane behind the fans backs.  Ask yourself why clubs like Everton, Newcastle, Villa and City don't tend to have these problems, at least not to the same extent.  You know what the worst part is?  You could very easily come out of this as winners.  You'll presumably be getting absurd money for the two of them, you're obviously changing system under Ramos to one where I dont think either of them would fit (you appearing to be trying the "talented midgets" route.)  Ramos with another fifty million is a much better bet at "Breaking the top four" than Ramos with a pair of unhappy mercenarys.  But no, apparently the important thing is for your wholesome club to take the giants down a peg or whatever (I read a Spurs forum) to prove how the "big four monopoly" is destroying football by hoovering up all the talent blah blah blah etc. 

Really, be mad at Berbatov, hes a moody git, be mad at Keane, hes an enormous lying git bereft of loyalty, be mad at United and Liverpool, they're footballing behemoths who treat "smaller" clubs with contempt, just like every other football club.  But for the love of God stop letting your board get away with being useless because of that.  You've spent more than Arsenal, and you're probably pushing Liverpool, so why aren't you doing better than them?  Its not a grand conspiracy by Sky and "the big four" and Elvis and that gobshite Platini to "keep you in your place." I'll tell you why you've not done as well as you could have done, the club has been poorly run for a long time, and thats not the fault of anyone else.  Honestly, aren't you one of the traditional "big five?"

Oh and yeah, remind me how your classy club got its present manager?  Spurs: Moral crusaders in a decadent age.

*SAF has actually said very little about Madrid, other than his amusing riposte to Calderon's suggestion that we were enslaving Ronaldo.

** I know coming from a Manchester United fan this sounds incredibly arrogant, but I was just trying to point out the differences between Keane and Berbatov.

Edit: Christ, that was supposed to be a simple rebuff and turned into an enormous rant at Spurs' fandom.  Sorry I got so worked up.

if man utd have made a bid for a player then i dont see what SAF is doing wrong by making that public. especially if the comment was made to a small group of fans and not meant to be publicised via mass media.

Guest hodsgod

Public Statements

K.3 and K.6.

That rule is unenforcable by law. If there was to be any sort of sanction against the two teams they can just appeal to the legal system. It clearly isn't against the law to tap up another companies employee. I can see this being another Bosman type case.