Final Fantasy XIII

ElDiablo

Am I the only one who has never played a single Final Fantasy game?

They all just looks like a load of nonesense tbh.

Maybe I am missing out?

Depends what you're into. I don't remember much about the older ones as I was too young, just that I loved them. And also loved Lost Odyssey on the 360 which was made by the same people. They're pretty epic, you have a 360 don't you? Could always give Lost Odyssey a go, can get it really cheap now. You'll love them if you like games with a good story that you can get your teeth stuck into.

Maybe I am missing out?

Depends what you're into. I don't remember much about the older ones as I was too young, just that I loved them. And also loved Lost Odyssey on the 360 which was made by the same people. They're pretty epic, you have a 360 don't you? Could always give Lost Odyssey a go, can get it really cheap now. You'll love them if you like games with a good story that you can get your teeth stuck into.

My 360's fucked mate.

I love a game with a good story, but I hate space sci-fi fantasy shite unless its Star Wars.

Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, Oblivion, The Last Remnant, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Fallout 3, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Mass Effect and now FFXIII... the 360 is slowly becoming home to some quality RPGs.

Playing it on weekends only atm. I'm getting close, but still just building up. I downloaded that tower underwater, and I'm getting myself together to go through that. Won't be long now, though.

• 1 year later...

Playing it on weekends only atm. I'm getting close, but still just building up. I downloaded that tower underwater, and I'm getting myself together to go through that. Won't be long now, though.

:lol: Big talk from the quitter.

I never did complete it either. It's been out on loan at a mates for about 4 months. All about the journey rather than the necessity of completing games like this imo.  O0 (:blush:)

I never did complete it either. It's been out on loan at a mates for about 4 months. All about the journey rather than the necessity of completing games like this imo.  O0 (:blush:)

:lol: Sure it is.

Maybe I am missing out?

nope never played one either

I saw some mates playing FF7 on the pS years ago and it didn't look anything special

Looked at playing FF online when that was just out but it looked like a massive grind fest(more so than most other MMO's)

If you've never played Final Fantasy 7 about 10 times over then you need to GTFO and get it played.  This is one of the few games that's tempting me to get myself a console.

Same, thinking about getting one now also.

This was the game that got me into games fullstop. FFVIII was the one i started on, went back to 7 afterwards as a mate had it. Such class games.

Lost track of where they all went after the whole focus shifted to online play, but this one looks like a step back to how they used to be.

If you've never played Final Fantasy 7 about 10 times over then you need to GTFO and get it played.  This is one of the few games that's tempting me to get myself a console.

Same, thinking about getting one now also.

This was the game that got me into games fullstop. FFVIII was the one i started on, went back to 7 afterwards as a mate had it. Such class games.

Lost track of where they all went after the whole focus shifted to online play, but this one looks like a step back to how they used to be.

Only one has been an online game, XI. XII's gameplay was superb, the story was wank.

I don't think I've ever been as disappointed by a game as I was by Final Fantasy 12. The gameplay took one step forward with the battle system but a million steps back with the general exploration/role-playing aspects. It was also the only FF game where I became bored by both the story and the characters.

The whole thing just felt shallow.

I don't think I've ever been as disappointed by a game as I was by Final Fantasy 12. The gameplay took one step forward with the battle system but a million steps back with the general exploration/role-playing aspects. It was also the only FF game where I became bored by both the story and the characters.

The whole thing just felt shallow.

Yep. Can barely even remember the names of the characters.