Linked to players..

Guest stjamestoon

Guest stjamestoon

I know alot of people are panicking, and alot of people are just being very patient..but the thing that worries me is the fact that every pre season we are linked with loads of players...the thing that gets me is i seem to come home every night or at lunchtime at work stick on bbc news or skysports news and we are linked with nobody....not a single player..

i know our 2 signings were done very quickly and quietly, which indeed is good..but is anyone slightly worried we aren't even being linked with signings...

Generally every other club are linked with players...we just seem very quiet...?

Thoughts...

Guest stjamestoon

Ok then, maybe not so much as linked to players..at least be in for them...have a yellow strip at the bottom of SSN saying we have bid for someone etc... a bit of excitement...

Ok then, maybe not so much as linked to players..at least be in for them...have a yellow strip at the bottom of SSN saying we have bid for someone etc... a bit of excitement...

The yellow strip has let me down on several occasions, I wouldn't trust that either.

Guest stjamestoon

True...but it shows we are trying.... at the minute the silence is a bit worrying in my opinion.

Guest elbee909

True...but it shows we are trying.... at the minute the silence is a bit worrying in my opinion.

How does paper bullshit show we're trying?

Guest stjamestoon

Well didnt ssn report we were in for Ferdinand havnt heard anything since.

Thank God

Be better than what we have at the moment...

Thank God

Disagree Taylor and Faye are better and i would rather put Cacapa in there than waste money on a player who lives ff his brothers name

Thank God

It wasn't Rio Ferdinand they were talking about.

Guest stjamestoon

No, not better than Taylor, but certainly better than Cacapa...and the fact we only have 3 CBs..not good..

Shaun Custis was on SSN earlier discussing the quotes attributed to Ferguson over Berbatov. He stated that nothing was ever made up "whats the point in that" and that the source was a fan meeting with Ferguson. Most of it is a load of tosh tbh because if there was speculation on here about a certain player from supposed ITK sources, I'm sure that someone in the media would pick up on it.

Newcastle will sign Shaun Wright-Phillips after he was spotted on Northumberland Street going into Foot Locker, most likely after agreeing terms on a £45k per week 4 year deal, although the presence of Joey Barton in the team caused him much distress sources claim. [Custis/] Obafemi Martins will leave Newcastle to join Super Arsenal despite claims on national TV that he wants to stay at Newcastle [Custis/].

Did i say paper bullshit...? f*** sake.

Actually going for players...

Who says we're not?  We've went for two players without anyone knowing beforehand - what makes you reckon we're not in for other players that the papers don't know about yet?