Milner in the Centre

steve_69

Guest shearer_206

As you say, some of us have been saying this for a while. You only have to look at his performances (central) for the U'21 team to see he is more of a central player than a natural winger.

Also agree with the Smith comments. Still no goal. I don't know why we bother.

I hope Guthrie comes in and is a better player, one friendly against Hartlepool where Duff got a hattrick probably isn't the best place to judge though.

Does that count as a bite?

Didn't realise Milner started off through the middle on Saturday. How did he do then? Anyone watch the full match?

Not sure about Milner's passing and maintaining of posession if he plays through the middle, but I'm thinking he could at least be an energetic box to box sort of midfielder. Sort of like Bowyer or even Parker back in the day, when they were half decent.

Jonas Guthrie Barton Zoggy

That's how I hope our midfield will look like next season, if Guthrie is as good as Keegan says.

Don't care that Barton is a tosser off the pitch, on it, he's a very good player, arguably our best CM.

Guest stankydanky

Not sure about Milner's passing and maintaining of posession if he plays through the middle

exactly, not too sure about this move.  This is worrying that Kev is saying this maybe this means that we can't get anyone decent in to play midfield.

Superior fitness does not make a decent footballer, Milner looks more like a headless chicken then a footballer.  We need someone who gets hold of the ball and grabs the game by the scruff of the neck.  All I see if Milner plays there is lots of chasing after the ball with little end product, he will just be provided with more opportunities to give the ball away.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

That's how I hope our midfield will look like next season, if Guthrie is as good as Keegan says.

Don't care that Barton is a tosser off the pitch, on it, he's a very good player, arguably our best CM.

NO

NO

NO

I hope this human hater doesnt play for nufc ever again.

Guest neesy111

NO

NO

NO

This is a better midfield:

Jonas Guthrie N'Zogbia Dufff

remember charlie can play in the middle and that was his natural position

NO

NO

NO

Charlie is shit in the middle though.

NO

NO

NO

N'Zogbia is awful in the middle.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

NO

NO

NO

i still think we need one more CM and i hope we sign someone who will be 1st team starter as CM.

I hope Keegan didnt sign Guthrie as a 1st team starter but only for squad player.

Time will tell.

NO

NO

NO

AYe, and Duff's been woeful in pretty much every game he's played for us. One good game against Hartlepool does not make up for that.

NO

NO

NO

AYe, and Duff's been woeful in pretty much every game he's played for us. One good game against Hartlepool does not make up for that.

Charlie's been woeful in the same period as Duff tbh.

He must be thinking 4-4-2 then and after the way Duff played he will get the left wing, Jonas on the right once he is fit, so Guthrie there until then and who else alongside Milner? must be Butt until we buy in.