Electricians, Plumbers, Decoraters etc.

Stu

Is anyone on here an electrician? I need an electrical safety certificate for the coming year (08/09) and wondered

a) how easy they are to get (can any electrician do it) and

b) how much they usually cost?

While we're on the subject of tradesmen, is there anyone on here who is one or can anyone recommend me any in the Newcastle area? Would be useful to have a list of reliable folk for future use and maybe we can use the board to generate some business! Oh, would also like to know about a window cleaner...

Cheers

Presumably you're after this trades assistance on the quiet? Otherwise why are you not just using Yell.com? ???

Maybe because it's better to use someone who has been recommended rather than just randomly dialing a number?

:lol: Aye, fair enough on one level I suppose...but why anyone would take the personal recommendations of random punters they've never met other than on a website...seems a bit "risky" to me? :dontknow:

:lol: Aye, fair enough on one level I suppose...but why anyone would take the personal recommendations of random punters they've never met other than on a website...seems a bit "risky" to me? :dontknow:

I listened to you about that brothel we went to when I went up to Edinburgh, thought that was canny enough.

I listened to you about that brothel we went to when I went up to Edinburgh, thought that was canny enough.

:angel:

Presumably you're after this trades assistance on the quiet? Otherwise why are you not just using Yell.com? ???

Maybe because it's better to use someone who has been recommended rather than just randomly dialing a number?

This.

Plus, if there's a local trademan on here, there's something community-spirited (at least in a virtual sense) about using his or her services than Joe Bloggs in the street. At least, that's how I'm seeing it.

Me and no I'm not.

Have you used anyone? Or would you recommend anyone? (not just you, but forum users in general).

If you'd rather not put your/their details on the forum, please PM me - ta.

Besty over on TT is a sparky like, although he's just started but may know of some recommendations, I'll give him a nudge.  :thup:

Aye and Wacky's lass has a got a face like a plasterers radio, if thats any help...

Besty over on TT is a sparky like, although he's just started but may know of some recommendations, I'll give him a nudge.  :thup:

Aye and Wacky's lass has a got a face like a plasterers radio, if thats any help...

:lol:

I can vouch for that. ;)

Cheers, any help will do...there's no harm in asking is there?