Well done the Villa fans !

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

Delighted to hear the Villa fans give Barry the reception he so thoroughly deserves last night.

Pig sick of mollycoddled pea-brained footballers thinking a contract is only a contract if it benefits THEM.

Agents, yes. But I applaud O'Neill and the Villa board for putting two fingers up to the scouse ****** AND Barry.

Its time the spoilt **** were put in the juniors and left to rot if they want to tear up their contract.

It was in '92 when I first realised how thick - moronic actually, footballers were - before the election, they talked to some Villa juniors. I'd call them spoilt morons, but they'd have needed a significant increase in IQ to get to MORON level, even.

Delighted to hear the Villa fans give Barry the reception he so thoroughly deserves last night.

Pig sick of mollycoddled pea-brained footballers thinking a contract is only a contract if it benefits THEM.

Agents, yes. But I applaud O'Neill and the Villa board for putting two fingers up to the scouse ****** AND Barry.

Its time the spoilt **** were put in the juniors and left to rot if they want to tear up their contract.

It was in '92 when I first realised how thick - moronic actually, footballers were - before the election, they talked to some Villa juniors. I'd call them spoilt morons, but they'd have needed a significant increase in IQ to get to MORON level, even.

I was listening to talksport the other day and Micky Quinn was saying he annoyed KK and he made him go and train with the juniors.  He said thats what KK does when you annoy him.

Well booing a player because they love him and now he wants to leave is stupid, all they have done if shot themselves in the foot because now he will do all he can to get away. MON is desperate to keep him at Villa, I understand they are pissed off with him but its not helped MON.

So instead they should be pathetic sycophants in the hope he'll stay?.. fuck that.  He's acted like a tosser and deserves the fans scorn.  He should be prepared to earn back there adulation, otherwise I wouldn't want him at the club if I were a Villa fan.

So instead they should be pathetic sycophants in the hope he'll stay?.. f*** that.  He's acted like a tosser and deserves the fans scorn.  He should be prepared to earn back there adulation, otherwise I wouldn't want him at the club if I were a Villa fan.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

the lad has done nothing wrong. I don't get it, if you wanted to move to a bigger and better job, you wouldnt have customers booing you as you continue to work. Fact is Barry has the chance to develop himself and move on to bigger and better things, why cant fans realise football is a job, if they wish to move on, then they wish to move on, simple

Guest Daishi

Whilst I can't condone what he's done, and think that a lot of footballers need a bit of a reality check to go with the big fat cheque they receive for their "efforts", I don't think that booing your own player can ever be a positive thing to do.

Titus was Sh!t, but let's face it, 50000 people booing you isn't going to help your confidence as you try and clear the ball...

If they don't want to be there, don't play them on the pitch. only people with passion for my team should play for my team. 

Guest neesy111

the only thing barry has said is he wants to move to liverpool to play in the champions league, nothing much wrong with that, as villa won't get there anytime soon, and he has been there 10 years now

he has ambition even though villa could match his wages which liverpool will offer

the only thing barry has said is he wants to move to liverpool to play in the champions league, nothing much wrong with that, as villa won't get there anytime soon, and he has been there 10 years now

he has ambition even though villa could match his wages which liverpool will offer

Well he did take a time out on a holiday to provide the rags with an attack on O'Neill

Barry's probably happy that they're booing him, the last thing O'Neill will want is his own clubs fans getting on the back of his players so will be more likely to accept the offer on the table from Liverpool.

Well booing a player because they love him and now he wants to leave is stupid, all they have done if shot themselves in the foot because now he will do all he can to get away. MON is desperate to keep him at Villa, I understand they are pissed off with him but its not helped MON.

Most Villa fans want him to leave tbh. In fact, MON isn't even that bothered - he just wants to get a huge fee for him.

the lad has done nothing wrong. I don't get it, if you wanted to move to a bigger and better job, you wouldnt have customers booing you as you continue to work. Fact is Barry has the chance to develop himself and move on to bigger and better things, why cant fans realise football is a job, if they wish to move on, then they wish to move on, simple

If it was just a job he wouldn't be getting insane wages for pissing about with a ball nor would he get the adulation of fans in the first place.  Sorry but bollocks is it just a job..  As for doing nothing wrong, pushing so hard for a transfer and disrespecting fans and manager alike in the process is something very wrong to people who have given you so much support.

Fine if he just sees it as a job and has no respect for the club or its fans, but also fine if the fans then tell him to take a flying leap.. yes?

Guest neesy111

Most Villa fans want him to leave tbh. In fact, MON isn't even that bothered - he just wants to get a huge fee for him.

the thing is, that he could go on a free end of the season, so 18 million is far too much

If Liverpool had just come in at the outset with a great offer that agreed with Villa's valuation and Barry had gone I am sure there wouldnt be so much vitriol directed at him. What is pissing the Villa fans off is the whole transfer and in particular the way Liverpool have gone about it. Booing Barry is their only way of venting their anger

the thing is, that he could go on a free end of the season, so 18 million is far too much

How can he? He's under contract until 2010. A contract he signed at the start of last season!

i agree that im sick of moaning little twat players like Ronaldo, Adebeyour (sp) but to be fair to Barry, he's been there for a long time and at 27, he needs to be looking to move to a champions league club. Ok he shouldnt have come out and critisied MON, but i dont think wanting to go to Liverpool is such a crime.

Guest Phil K

So instead they should be pathetic sycophants in the hope he'll stay?.. f*** that.  He's acted like a tosser and deserves the fans scorn.  He should be prepared to earn back there adulation, otherwise I wouldn't want him at the club if I were a Villa fan.

He's a tosser. End of.

The Villa fans are spot on.

Ok he shouldnt have come out and critisied MON, but i dont think wanting to go to Liverpool is such a crime.

He's under contract and acting like a spoilt, tantrum throwing brat.

If Liverpool had just come in at the outset with a great offer that agreed with Villa's valuation and Barry had gone I am sure there wouldnt be so much vitriol directed at him. What is pissing the Villa fans off is the whole transfer and in particular the way Liverpool have gone about it. Booing Barry is their only way of venting their anger

Liverpool are doing what they've always done (as do Man U) and using the rags to do their work for them unsettling players, and trying to get them on the cheap as a result.

M.O'N isn't allowing it. Good for him.

Normally, I don't appreciate booing one's own players but in this case I agree.  If a guy doesn't want to be there, send him on but only for a fair price.  Until he's sent on, the player should shut up and honor the terms of his contract.

^ this

Guest nufc_geordie

Think Barry is getting poor treatment here in all respect.

He has learnt his trade and played for nothing more than an average club for ten years. Finally gained the recognition he deserved and established himself in the England team at the peak of his career, then the next sensible step is to improve his club position and play at a higher level i.e. challenge for the premiership title and champions league. I hope he does get to Liverpool and he will deserve it.

Think Barry is getting poor treatment here in all respect.

He has learnt his trade and played for nothing more than an average club for ten years. Finally gained the recognition he deserved and established himself in the England team at the peak of his career, then the next sensible step is to improve his club position and play at a higher level i.e. challenge for the premiership title and champions league. I hope he does get to Liverpool and he will deserve it.

I think it's more to do with the way he's gone about trying to get his move tbh.

Benitez and Gerrard should have said nowt and Barry was out of order in slagging O'Neill off in the rags. Had he gone about things differently then I think the Villa fans would have understood and accepted it. He's acted like a cock and he's now hated. Tough shit Barry.

exactly, if he wanted to leave then fair do's, but airing all the laundry in public has just made him come across as a tit, whereas mellberg's contract ran out and he's left for juve having bought everyone a shirt saying thanks, and he's left with his head held high and all the villa fans quite rightly see him as a top fella.