Given to Blackburn?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

I have just been told by a good mate of mine that Blackburn have bid for Given. My mate works in the club and has previously been right with info he has passed on. For all those who will shoot me down with all your in the know bullsh*t, I don't really care. I'm passing on the message incase anyone is interested.

It all seems to tie in with the fact that Friedel is off but Blackburn won't release him until the keeper they have had a bid accepted for the keeper they have bid for.

Don't know whether or not this is true but it would add up, I suppose only time will tell.

Completely plausable tbh. Whether they are able to bid enough to tempt us is debateable and even more so is whether Given would go back to that back water, I don't think his stock has dropped that much.

No-one in our squad is irreplaceable and if the deal is right then I'd take it. Harper's decent and Krul shows a lot of promise by all accounts.

Got to trust the boss on this one. :)

Only be interested if the offer was large £7-8 million.  He's had one underwhelming season through a nigling injury (no matter what some crazies make up about him being poor for the last 3 to 4 years :idiot:).  If he can recover from that this season and be one of the best around again then once again we have the best pair of keepers in the league.  We have enough weak points without adequate cover in our team, lets not create yet another for the sake of a few million pounds.

No doubt he'll have little interest in going to Blackburn and his contract goes until 2011, so we're in a great position to either get a brilliant deal or keep the player.

No-one in our squad is irreplaceable and if the deal is right then I'd take it. Harper's decent and Krul shows a lot of promise by all accounts.

But you're completely ignoring the player's wishes here. It certainly not a given (pardon the pun) that he'll agree to this move.

But you're completely ignoring the player's wishes here. It certainly not a given (pardon the pun) that he'll agree to this move.

If a player doesn't want to go, the transfer doesn't happen and we can all stop discussing it.

I would have thought that was patently obvious. Clearly not...  :rolleyes:

I reckon selling players rather than buying players is certainly the way to go at the moment. Let's have the smallest squad in the league!

If Given goes we need to replace him.

Yeah but if we get Warnock in exchange then we don't need a left-back anymore and I'd imagine Krul would just be promoted to number 2. Haven't heard any more on that Andujar for a while mind.

Guest LucaAltieri

He may well want to go... he's not a definite starter.

Can't see Given wanting to go there & I'd be very disappointed if we only got Warnock in return as I don't rate him that highly. Given has suffered since his injuries & particularly coming for crosses but he is still a quality act.