John Burridge

cp40

in 1994, he was at Newcastle, and moved to Man city, does anybody kno if this was a loan,  i seem to recall he was a player coach here, and made appearences for man city during that time? can any1 clear this up... for no reason, other that a conversation with The Gimp.

Think he went to man city from here,

I know, he came on as sub for Man city v Newcastle, april 1995, and in that game , he became the oldest prem player at 43....(still hope for me then for a couple of years)

I was thinking, during that game, he was either on loan from us, or on our books as Goalkeeper coach.... I may be talking total sh!t tho.

just wiki'd him and if true...he was on our books 3 times and left to go to hibs the first time,then scarborough second then third time he went to dunfirmline. he only played for us first time round.

joined citeh from falkirk

just wiki'd him and if true...he was on our books 3 times and left to go to hibs the first time,then scarborough second then third time he went to dunfirmline. he only played for us first time round.

I think, if he was coach here, when he went to city, it wouldnt show up on wiki that he was here, im not certain of the facts, but feel there was something unusual about it.

I think, if he was coach here, when he went to city, it wouldnt show up on wiki that he was here, im not certain of the facts, but feel there was something unusual about it.

soccerbase has him leaving falkirk and joining citeh on the same day

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1156

29/4/1995 - Man City 0 Newcastle 0

"Not a particularly great game this one but there was one performance that sticks out in the mind. John Burridge had been our goalkeeping coach for a while and had gone to man City as emergency cover for Tony Coton. As you probably know, John is a great character and a little off-the-wall at times. There was one occasion he came with me to an estate agents in Durham and a couple of girls recognised me, so I said "Hello". John came over and immediately started to strip off. It was in the middle of December and he stripped down to virtually nothing, showing off his muscles saying to the girls how well he looked after himself and that they should be looking at him. I just cringed in the corner and wished I was somewhere else. In training it was great when John went in goal. Pav and Shaka were both tough keepers to beat but John had seen better days and we used to love firing the ball past him from all angles. When we saw him take to the field for the second half of the match we were really chuffed and confident of getting a result. As it turned out Budgie had an absolute stormer and we couldn't find a way past him. We had to hold our hands up and give him credit for a fantastic performance."

From an interview with John Beresford, I think Budgie was our keeper coach when he played against us?

29/4/1995 - Man City 0 Newcastle 0

"Not a particularly great game this one but there was one performance that sticks out in the mind. John Burridge had been our goalkeeping coach for a while and had gone to man City as emergency cover for Tony Coton. As you probably know, John is a great character and a little off-the-wall at times. There was one occasion he came with me to an estate agents in Durham and a couple of girls recognised me, so I said "Hello". John came over and immediately started to strip off. It was in the middle of December and he stripped down to virtually nothing, showing off his muscles saying to the girls how well he looked after himself and that they should be looking at him. I just cringed in the corner and wished I was somewhere else. In training it was great when John went in goal. Pav and Shaka were both tough keepers to beat but John had seen better days and we used to love firing the ball past him from all angles. When we saw him take to the field for the second half of the match we were really chuffed and confident of getting a result. As it turned out Budgie had an absolute stormer and we couldn't find a way past him. We had to hold our hands up and give him credit for a fantastic performance."

From an interview with John Beresford, I think Budgie was our keeper coach when he played against us?

i think he was goalkeeping coach on his 3rd stint here. but packed in when he moved on.

i thought he spent time at her majesty's pleasure or something along those lines.

Wasn't he selling dodgy football gear or something?

think he was selling snide shirts, and got done for it

He played against us while still employed at NUFC as a coach. Fell out with Pavel after his mistake in the away game in Metz and swiftly departed to take up a role at Leeds. Went on to player-manager at Blyth before his chaotic management style led to an inevitable exit. Worked in Oman as a coach but was badly injured when he was involved in a car accident when he was on a bike ride. He's a pundit and part-time coach in the Middle East last I heard after he'd got over his crash.

He played against us while still employed at NUFC as a coach. Fell out with Pavel after his mistake in the away game in Metz and swiftly departed to take up a role at Leeds. Went on to player-manager at Blyth before his chaotic management style led to an inevitable exit. Worked in Oman as a coach but was badly injured when he was involved in a car accident when he was on a bike ride. He's a pundit and part-time coach in the Middle East last I heard after he'd got over his crash.

so he was playing for falkirk and our goalkeeping coach at the same time ?

so he was playing for falkirk and our goalkeeping coach at the same time ?

i think that is possible madrass

i thought he spent time at her majesty's pleasure or something along those lines.

Wasn't he selling dodgy football gear or something?

think he was selling snide shirts, and got done for it

When I was working in Sunderland he pulled up in a transit packed with dodgy gear. He was going round all the factories in the area quite openly . Everyone knew him of course- probably didnt take long for some mackem to shop him.

Guest johnson293

Best 'Budgie' moment for me was his penalty save in added time in the play-off first leg at Sunderland, when Hardyman kicked him in the head on the follow-up and was sent off.

Can't comment on the 2nd leg, as I have erased it from memory.  :-X

Guest neesy111

Best 'Budgie' moment for me was his penalty save in added time in the play-off first leg at Sunderland, when Hardyman kicked him in the head on the follow-up and was sent off.

Can't comment on the 2nd leg, as I have erased it from memory.  :-X

that was quite possibly the worst 90 mins of my life  :weep: