Taye Taiwo

KaKa

Sunderland won't get him cheap, but they are over-paying to get players through the door. That is how Chimbonda and Kaboul will end up there. It might not be good for them long term but they are improving their team without a doubt. You can bet most of these players will sign for Sunderland then come house-hunting in Newcastle. :lol:

Sunderland won't get him cheap, but they are over-paying to get players through the door. That is how Chimbonda and Kaboul will end up there. It might not be good for them long term but they are improving their team without a doubt. You can bet most of these players will sign for Sunderland then come house-hunting in Newcastle. :lol:

ha!  class that's exactly what i was thinking...they'll probably give them a tour of the ground then run them right down northumberland street and tell them it's all the same city or some shite

Guest MaetihS

ha!  class that's exactly what i was thinking...they'll probably give them a tour of the ground then run them right down northumberland street and tell them it's all the same city or some s****

Can play left  mid as well. sign him if we can...will be gutted if he went to Sunderland. too good for them

Guest sicko2ndbest

Taiwo Open To Sunderland Move

Marseille star Taye Taiwo has opened the door to the possibility of a summer switch to Sunderland.

Though claiming to know nothing of reports that the Black Cats had made an offer to him, the Nigerian defender used the reporter's question as an opportunity to announce his interest.

"I am not aware of any bid from Sunderland," he told skysports.com.

"However the Premiership is the best league in the world, it can turn anyone's head, but you never know.

"Roy Keane? If you don't know Roy Keane, it means you don't have a clue about football," Taiwo added.

"He was a top, top player, so if you have a chance to learn with him it is good, but I love Marseille.

"I am playing in a great team, although you never know."

Taiwo, a lung-busting left full-back, has been linked with several European club sides in recent months, though the 22-year-old would apparently also be happy to stay and help Marseille rediscover their past glory days.

Come on Habib have a word!!!

Sunderland would be a step down from OM, aside from wages.

Premiership is a step up from the French League, though, which is probably more pertinent.

Do we need two left backs the same age? I would prefer someone on the fringe of being ready or someone coming to the end of their career to give Enrique cover/competition.

That said I have recently backed a move for Warnock :D

Just don't want us to push Enrique out as I think we have a very good left back in the making there, fair enough is Taiwo is better but then we have others positons now that need "better" players in.

We definitely need cover at LB and it is a problem that Jose is both young and good. He's unlikely to settle for being a second choice long term.  But we are unlikely to be able to get anyone younger who is good enough to cover. I'm not totally certain that KK rates Jose.  I can see him going for Warnock and him being first choice.

Guest Heneage

His comments sound more league based than club based. "England" not "Sunderland". Could be after move somewhere else.

... to Sunderland?!

Now this would just crush me. I love this guy's game and I always wanted us to sign him. PLease tell me they are getting us mixed up with Sunderland!

:weep:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4393355.ece

Have an 18 for tackling, marking and concentration, eh?

Nigerian international.

I knew of him before you even knew what a football was.

Guest MaetihS

One of the best left backs in Ligue 1. Surprised that he will consider Sunderland....he is a very very good buy...good at attack and defend reasonably well. reminds me of Roberto Carlos with his thunderbolt shots. if this is the rate at which Sunderland is acquiring players and at this certain quality, they will soon have a squad comparable to ours.... dammn...really, we shld go for him. if Taiwo is available, why go for an average player and "old" player in Warnock?  KK and Wise are really driving me nuts with their transfers so far. Warnock is 27 but has much less ability and experience at the highest level than Taiwo.