Colos Short and Curlies

Which one?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Wii
    • PS3
    • X Box 360

For me and the Missus.

For that reason hedging towards a Wii, but also need to be able to get a decent footy game on it and a good beat em up

Smash Brothers Brawl is a canny beat 'em up and the Wii has a unique version of Pro Evo which you may find better or worse than the PS3 version...

PS3, if you have no Xbox then you get alot of games on offer plus its great for media. It also has blueray, its far more reliable and is pretty close to the price of a 360 anyway. I would only reccomend a Wii if you have one of the others

PS3, if you have no Xbox then you get alot of games on offer plus its great for media. It also has blueray, its far more reliable and is pretty close to the price of a 360 anyway. I would only reccomend a Wii if you have one of the others

What he said.

This, but Xbox 360. Because it's better. Only get a PS3 if you intend to use blu-ray a lot, otherwise there's no point.

This, but Xbox 360. Because it's better. Only get a PS3 if you intend to use blu-ray a lot, otherwise there's no point.

There kind of is, thinking about the future if he ever wanted to have HD movies then he has a blueray dvd player, seen as HDDVDs are no more then Blueray is the only way to go.

There kind of is, thinking about the future if he ever wanted to have HD movies then he has a blueray dvd player, seen as HDDVDs are no more then Blueray is the only way to go.

BlueRay isn't going to last much longer than HDDVD in my opinion, it's just a stop-gap until downloads become the new standard.

Youre talking about how long it takes to get most of the country up and running with high speed broadband, something that hardly anyone in the country currently has, that includes areas like the country side, which from living there i can tell you the highest i can get 8 miles from a city is just 500kbps, plus there needs to be a cheaper, better way to get online as many people still dont bother with broadband. For us it seems stupid not to have it but alot middle aged people onwards just dont bother. Cant see disks becoming obsolete within the next 10 years as the industry will basically reduced its target audience by a big margin.

I have a PS3 on order and am a long time 360 owner.

The 360 is a great games console only a fannies hair worse than the PS3 from what I gather, but the vast selection of games compared to the PS3 is a big advantage plus it is ALOT cheaper.

However, the 360 is very loud whilst running and EXTREMELY unreliable.  Mine has broke twice in 2 years and whilst I have not owned a PS3 yet I did own a PS1 and PS2 and never once had ANY problem in about 6 years of ownership so I have no reason to believe anything will be different with the PS3.

For me and the Missus.

For that reason hedging towards a Wii, but also need to be able to get a decent footy game on it and a good beat em up

Go for the Wii, simply so you can enjoys the benefits of Wii Sex and seeing her performing on Wii Fit.

However, the 360 is very loud whilst running and EXTREMELY unreliable.  Mine has broke twice in 2 years and whilst I have not owned a PS3 yet I did own a PS1 and PS2 and never once had ANY problem in about 6 years of ownership so I have no reason to believe anything will be different with the PS3.

It's fairly loud, yes, but being able to copy games to the hdd (if your's is big enough) should make that much less of an issue.

And it's not extremely unreliable anymore really is it? Yours may be but that's because it's not a newer model. I know it differs from person to person but PS2-wise I'm on my 5th and this one won't play most DVD-roms any more.

£500m bill for Xbox red ring of death

By Ruki Sayid Consumer Editor 7/07/2008

EXCLUSIVE MAYHEM FOR MICROSOFT

Computer giants Microsoft are facing a £500million repair bill after their Xbox Elite consoles were hit by the notorious "red ring of death".

The console was originally thought to be immune from the problem, which permanently freezes the unit after a ring of green lights on the power control button turn red.

Now, hundreds of angry owners are sending back their £290 consoles, which are being shipped to Germany for repair. But the fault remains a mystery. Jamie King, 16, from Gomshall, Surrey, said: "I got my Xbox in September and it packed up eight months later in June.

"First, it kept freezing, then it developed the red ring of death."

In a statement, Microsoft simply said: "The majority of Xbox 360 owners enjoy a great experience with their console.

"Anyone with a problem should call Xbox customer service."

Last year, the company had to recall 230,000 Xbox steering wheels worldwide after complaints that they overheated.

And it spent £500million recalling power cords supplied with units made before 2003 after 300 caught fire and burnt seven gamers.

12m Xboxes have been sold since 2005

33% Xboxes will overheat say experts

230k steering wheels were recalled in 07

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/07/07/500m-bill-for-xbox-red-ring-of-death-89520-20634547/