Talents

nufcmichael

I was wondering, how many talents do you think we have coming in and out for trials each week?

Last week one of my friends friend, Martin Braithwaite,  had a 5 days trial in Newcastle, he played for the youth team against Leeds and apparently Newcastle was impressed with him, he's 18 years old, central midfielder, and plays for Esbjerg here in Denmark.

And next week another danish talent is going over for 5 day trial, Niels Bisp Rasmussen, a 15 year old very talented central defender from Vejle. Newcastle followed him last season in the danish junior league.

This is one thing that encourages me about the new setup, they are geared to looking for emerging talent.

We have really neglected this in the past, Zog and Krul are the expections to the rule TBH. It's a global game now and we can't rely solely on wallsend Boys Club to provide our talent pool anymore. Hopefully your friend is just one of many more we invite over, I wish your friend well sounds like he may have a chance of getting a deal.

This is one thing that encourages me about the new setup, they are geared to looking for emerging talent.

We have really neglected this in the past, Zog and Krul are the expections to the rule TBH. It's a global game now and we can't rely solely on wallsend Boys Club to provide our talent pool anymore. Hopefully your friend is just one of many more we invite over, I wish your friend well sounds like he may have a chance of getting a deal.

Or the proof that you're wrong. What about Pattison, Troisi, Edgar?

The time to praise "the new setup" will be when the lads they are bringing in break into the first team.

We have really neglected this in the past, Zog and Krul are the expections to the rule TBH. It's a global game now and we can't rely solely on wallsend Boys Club to provide our talent pool anymore.

We have missed quite a few from the boys club. A few of the ones we have missed have cost us a few £££'s to sign them later on. The current best x-Wallsend boys club player is obviously Carrick & we are now at the stage where we could not afford to buy him  & I doubt he would want to come either :(

Or the proof that you're wrong. What about Pattison, Troisi, Edgar?

The time to praise "the new setup" will be when the lads they are bringing in break into the first team.

Come on UV, you know damn fine that we've done a terrible job in identifying and developing talent here.

I've been miinimal to say the least in my praise for the new setup, but I'm not blind enough to notice that they have made attempts to rectify this area and I applaud them for their efforts, whether they are successful or not is another matter.

Guest LucaAltieri

Breaking News on Sky Sports:

"Spurs snap up wonderkids Martin Braithwaite and Niels Bisp Rasmussen."

Yeah and in 4 years

"Chester City snap up spurs misfits Martin Braithwaite and Niels Bisp Rasmussen."

Don't you mean 'post from Martin Jol: Daniel Levy met with these kids yesterday, waiting to hear back about things.'

Not too far off dude:

Youth recruitment:

Here are the young men

The transfer of Plymouth Argyle youngster Aaron Spear  to Newcastle United "is now close to being finalised",

said the Championship club on Thursday.

And the 15 year-old striker has been named in a 38-strong England U16 development training camp next month.

Meanwhile United have moved to secure another 15 year -old prospect, with Velje defender Niels Bisp Rasmussen

arriving from his native Denmark for a week-long trial.

These youth prospects are just toy guns.

Where's the proper armoury? Where the fuck are the big guns? Where's the Sherman Tanks? We've got no defence and a shoddy midfield, and a dubious strikeforce. We have no bullets. We have no shells. We have no flakjackets. All we have is a bunch of fucking mercenary bounty hunters on the take. Where are our infantrymen? etc etc...repeat ad nauseum until Shiteam pops in for a WUM

:frantic:

These youth prospects are just toy guns.

Where's the proper armoury? Where the f*** are the big guns? Where's the Sherman Tanks? We've got no defence and a shoddy midfield, and a dubious strikeforce. We have no bullets. We have no shells. We have no flakjackets. All we have is a bunch of f***ing mercenary bounty hunters on the take. Where are our infantrymen? etc etc...repeat ad nauseum until Shiteam pops in for a WUM

:frantic:

You make a point about getting kids in and 'missing out' on first team recruits.

However your analogy of Sherman tanks may not be the best if you knew that Sherman tanks were effective by outnumbering the opposition.. In fact the performance was good in North Africa and then it was completely outclassed against the 'big guns' of the day eg Panzers and Tigers...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman). 

Sherman tanks sounds more like an analogy for buying crap foreigners or championship players?

• 2 months later...

About 3 month ago , A 13 year old American came over for a weeks trial with our u13/u14 teams. He played a behind closed doors friendly at SJP for our u14's against Carlisle United.

Not sure if he was offered a new trial or scholarship for when he turns 16.

Guest palnese

About 3 month ago , A 13 year old American came over for a weeks trial with our u13/u14 teams. He played a behind closed doors friendly at SJP for our u14's against Carlisle United.

Not sure if he was offered a new trial or scholarship for when he turns 16.

Thats the boy Dennis Wise spotted some time ago? I think that one was in the news a couple of months ago as mentioned.

He must be the new freddy adu then ;) anyone knows how he is doing in benfica btw?

Another danish talent is going over for a weeks trial. Kevin Mensah is 17 years old and plays for Viborg in Denmark. He was on a week trial with Newcastle last season and he impressed Newcastles scandinavian scout Ole Nielsen.

He'd be a intelligent signing.  :thup:

Another danish talent is going over for a weeks trial. Kevin Mensah is 17 years old and plays for Viborg in Denmark. He was on a week trial with Newcastle last season and he impressed Newcastles scandinavian scout Ole Nielsen.

He'd be a intelligent signing.  :thup:

Fucking hell. :lol: