Northumbria Police: "Confront Disorder"

Guest Geordiesned

Do you agree with Mike Craik's comments?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Mike Craik's comments?

• Yes, every word
    • Agree with sentiment only
    • No, completely disagree

Guest Geordiesned

Northumbria Police launched their latest knife crime initiative yesterday and today the Chief Constable has been telling us all to make a stand against yobs. All very well, but he doesn't seem to give a shit if we are killed by doing this. After all, we'll still be a hero! He also tries to compare the risk of driving a car to confronting disorder. What planet is he on?!

I thought our taxes were supposed to pay for policing amongst other things and yet Mike Craik appears to be encouraging a vigalante mentality. If we do try to break up a fight in the street or on a bus and accidentally injure one of the people fighting will the police pat us on the back or will they prosecute us? I think I know the answer.

So where does everyone stand on this? I can sort of see the point I think he was trying to make (as in reclaim our streets) but I think he's made it very very badly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7525076.stm

Public should 'confront disorder' 

Ordinary people take risks every day, says Mr Craik

Members of the public should stand up to anti-social behaviour, despite the risks, according to Northumbria Police's chief constable.

Mike Craik said ordinary people should challenge rowdy behaviour such as drinking or swearing.

Society would be improved if people looked out for each other, he added.

But John Johnson, whose son Kevin was stabbed to death after confronting three youths in Sunderland, said it is the police's job to tackle disorder.

Speaking on BBC Radio Newcastle, Mr Craik said: "I know that people will perceive an element of risk, but there is risk in everything we do for ourselves every day.

"We all get in the car every morning and one or two of us are going to die.

"I just think the world would be a better place if we were all prepared every now and again - once in a blue moon - just to protect one another."

Tougher sentences

However, police should be called if a situation becomes threatening, he stressed.

Kevin Johnson, 22, was stabbed outside his Pennywell home last May after he challenged teenagers Dean Curtis, 19, 17-year-old Tony Hawkes and Jordan Towers, 16.

His father John, who has since called for tougher sentences for knife crime, claims the risk is too great for ordinary people.

He said: "My son went out and confronted three youths who were being rowdy and he ended up losing his life."

Bollocks. As much as I'm always tempted to say many, many things when confronted by dickheads, anti-social behaviour or street brawls etc it is simply no longer worth the risk getting involved. Phone the police - that is their job, after all!

All it takes is a dick head with a knife to lose it for 2 seconds and your dead.

Game over.

We need a massive crack down on crime on all fronts, take it to them & take it on, other wise they keep on walking all over people.

Finally he has dropped a bollock the masses will disagree with. I was always against his put a stack of police in area where people drink, I thought it was in the main lazy policing. It is about sending coppers into the Cowgates, Howdons & Hendons as theses are the estates were mob rule is the order of the day & unreported crime is the biggest crime.

Finally he has dropped a bollock the masses will disagree with. I was always against his put a stack of police in area where people drink, I thought it was in the main lazy policing. It is about sending coppers into the Cowgates, Howdons & Hendons as theses are the estates were mob rule is the order of the day & unreported crime is the biggest crime.

The police don't have time to go to those mentioned places, they're too busy looking for car drivers who are an easy target.

The police don't have time to go to those mentioned places, they're too busy looking for car drivers who are an easy target.

Your right.

Message to Craik  - You keep the plod in the Bigg Market, South Parade etc catching kids puking & pissing in doorways or have them clocking zAnEy drivers doing 32mph in 30mph zone or car drivers driving fast on straight roads with nee one else around. If you do the above me & my fellow N-O users will take to the streets & take on the knife crime epidemic.

Regards

TheSpence

PS - Can we please borrow those police vests.

Your right.

Message to Craik  - You keep the plod in the Bigg Market, South Parade etc catching kids puking & pissing in doorways or have them clocking zAnEy drivers doing 32mph in 30mph zone or car drivers driving fast on straight roads with nee one else around. If you do the above me & my fellow N-O users will take to the streets & take on the knife crime epidemic.

Regards

TheSpence

PS - Can we please borrow those police vests.

I'm with you.

I wonder if he'd appear in court on my behalf if I'm wrongly arrested.

Doubt it.

The entire justice system in this country is a piss poor joke: in complete chaos, made up of assorted drunks, megalomaniacs and lunatics and they can all get to fuck as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously. :hmm:

Guest Geordiesned

Doubt it.

The entire justice system in this country is a piss poor joke: in complete chaos, made up of assorted drunks, megalomaniacs and lunatics and they can all get to fuck as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

Doubt it.

Thanks.

:lol:

Doubt it.

Thanks.

It's merely a personal and I admit, currently rather jaundiced, perspective.

I take it you're some sort of law-enforcer?

Confornt them then get stabbed, or if you beat them up your would probably get done for assault.

Had some dick stop me the other day, asking for 6pence. He had no money but had just bought a full portion of fish and chips. He wanted to to go and buy something to get change for him. Luckily after me using some intellect, he fucked off.

My fellow crime fighters before you take to the streets learn the "Crane", we haven't got time to learn wax on, wax off......Northumbria Police need us out there doing the job they cant.

Video footage of move is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfkH3Q4JOQ

I also think it would be quite handy if the powerless Police Community Support Officers could knock on my (and your) door when they see trouble in our community for us to deal with. It would mean we wouldn't have to be peering out of our windows 24/7, as we would have the PCSO's  out there looking for bother for the us the public to deal with.

TheSpence

Red Beret 

if the cop says "stand up to them" the bleeting is about "but if we do and get stabbed boo hoo"

if the cop says "don't stand up to them" the bleeting is about "the cops say we should just let them do it"

as ever,behave like a fucking grown up...if you think you can "handle" the situation then deal with it...if you dont think you can deal with it then try to get out the situation.

I lived in Elswick and then Arthur's Hill in the eighties and nineties and it was out of order with burglaries and car-theft.

I came back from work one Saturday to find my front window smashed out, TV, video gone, house ransacked. About 30 secs after I got in, there's a knock at the door.

It's one of the undercover detectives. He tells me they know where my stuff is stashed and they're currently watching the thieves safehouse.

I ask him who these thieves are. He says he can't tell me. But says they live close by. I wait for him to leave and I instantly assume it's a family of scumbags who live

down the street and are always sitting out on their front step staring and watching everyone. So I go out and there they are standing on their front step. So I start giving them the evil stares.

They notice and start shouting 'What the fuck are you looking at?' etc etc. I am so fuckin pissed off that I continue staring them out, and then go back in feeling like I've at least stood up to these twats.

Ten minutes later there's a knock. It's the detective. He's got my stuff. I say 'It's them bastards down the street isn't it?' He says 'No. It's a couple of ten year olds from the next street'. Gulp.

Needless to say things got worse from theat day forward and when I told the poilce they advised me to move. Which I did.

I also remember trying to get an answer from the West Road Police Station crime line used to take a good half hour.