"Clarence the cross eyed lion" ?

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

Just had to post and ask "Who the ***" after some pea-brain emailed TalkSport ranting he's not renewing because of Clarence the cross eyed lion, and Ashley's hated, and Dennis Wise is hated etc etc

News to me.

I agree that there are always morons like this ranting utter crap and saying everyone thinks the same way when they damn well DON'T - the ranter being in a tiny minority, but who the hell is "Clarence the cross eyed lion" FFS ?

Guest Phil K

Well, Crumpy Gunt seems to have offered an opinion, but not much else of worth offered thus far.

Can't say I adore Wise, but hell - give him a chance.

Guest Stephen927

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/_images/misc/wise.jpg

No doubt it's Wise. Never heard that nickname.

Guest Phil K

Good on the bloke tbh, the fewer whinging c***s at SJP the better.

Couldn't agree more.

To complain at a poor result, or managers inexplicable decisions, fair enough.

But this - ridiculous.

But it's the knob's rant that "everyone" thinks this is damaging.

Unsurprising, the Everton fan Parry thinks it's correct, Andy Townsend thought it more like a tiny minority.

About par for the course with Parry.

Quite embarrassing tbh. Good point though Dave, at least its another moaning c*nt out of SJP.

In recent years some of our support have developed a very arrogant attitude and it really pisses me off.

Acuna always reminded me of a lion* too. And he's Clarence. obviously this one refers to Wise. But, still.

*The one in the Wizard of Oz, to be fair.

Good on the bloke tbh, the fewer whinging c***s at SJP the better.

Couldn't agree more.

To complain at a poor result, or managers inexplicable decisions, fair enough.

But this - ridiculous.

But it's the knob's rant that "everyone" thinks this is damaging.

Unsurprising, the Everton fan Parry thinks it's correct, Andy Townsend thought it more like a tiny minority.

About par for the course with Parry.

I hate Mike Parry. Total sycophantic idiot who hasn't got a clue about football and only goes the match when his mate Kenwright gives him a freebie ticket, usually at London aways.

He's embarrassing.

There was a Sunderland fan on also saying how the fans would not renew because of Wise and I thought how damaging it was as he was on a good five minutes coming just after a Newcastle fan saying the same thing as though he was a spokesman for the whole fanbase. To be fair Townshend was trying to put it in perspective but it came over really badly and The mischevious Parry is only too happy to make mountains out of molehills. These few minutes airtime can wreak havoc by claiming to be representative of the mainstream opinions.

The Sunderland fan will be pleased with his contribution I bet.

just as i say "don't buy the shit papers" and it'll kill the oxygen (advertsing) they need. same goes with talk shite radio.

if you want shit journalism like this to stop,the only way is to turn off,no-one listening...the advertisers won't pay...the station shuts.

alternativly...listen and complain...they'll still make their money.

I loved that Mackem - 'If someone like Wise rolled up at Sunderland I would not be happy.'

Now who's that Angelic sort they have managing them now?

No body would have a problem with Wise being the DoF (they may be unhappy about having a Dof but thats another story...) if he had delivered Modric and Woodgate. And if he delivers Turan and Collocini by Aug 31st I'm sure most people will pipe down until January

To be fair to Parry he does know his stuff as he used to be a decent journo but he now gets paid to be  fooking outrageous & the pundit acts as the voice of reason. That is the main reason I never listen to Talksport as most of the shows are geard up like that, it is all shock tactics to force the debate rather talk abot the days issues.

To be fair to Parry he does know his stuff as he used to be a decent journo but he now gets paid to be  fooking outrageous & the pundit acts as the voice of reason. That is the main reason I never listen to Talksport as most of the shows are geard up like that, it is all shock tactics to force the debate rather talk abot the days issues.

Oxymoron surely.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/zacharij/CHELSEA-LOGO.gif

I presume it's a reference to the lion on Chelsea's old badge.

or Millwall?

I doubt it. The elderly among us will remember Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion as a character in an American TV series, Daktari. Early 70's I think. Clarence did bear a certain resemblance to Mr Wise (eye department only)

Can't tune into Talksport here in Canada but I'm not ashamed to admit I did listen to it when I was back in the UK.

TBH, metro radio is awful, century is absymal as is radio Newcastle, none of the national BBC stations aren't worth the effort with five live being the only on I used to tune into but it was far too geared towards news rather than sport IMO. So that left me with little choice, I wanted to listen to sports debate on my commute home.

Anyway I think Hawksby and Jacobs is a great show, they are extremely good presenters and the humour was excellent. Their serialisation of David Sheppard's (formeer umpire in cricket for those who don't know) audio book, had me in stitches everytime. Their humour was very subtle, shame their show was on in the early afternoon not during the drive home :(

The rest of the presenters with the exception of Andy Townsend whom I always found to be very eloquent and level headed, talk abosolute s****. I particuarilly hated Adrian Durham, what an arsehole, full of self importance, had it in for Newcastle big time.