Keegan Interview with BBC Sportsweek

Guest neesy111

Guest saintscoobz

The lack of activity in this transfer window had left me feeling quite worried and unhopeful for the up and coming season.  But no, King Kev in a few words has taken most of my doubt away.  I still think we need to get a few quality signings in but his enthusiasm is infectious and he has my total support.

King Kev I Love you.

Someone else (can't remember who?) on this forum was saying earlier on that KK's not the same positive guy he was first time round. I'd agree. I think he's wiser and more level-headed. And I still absolutely love the guy. :thup:

This.

That.

How happy would people be with "between 4 and 8"? At this stage I would be over the moon. I am worried about the lack of transfer activity but there are only a  few teams that are brimming full of quality. Take out the top 4 who else is real quality?

Everton, Villa, Pompey, Spurs and Man City maybe, all have their faults and each have had a tough pre season on the transfer front. Teams like Us, West Ham and Blackburn have got to be looking at breaking up the 1st band of teams that have been mentioned. Unless we improve the 1st team and the squad I can't see us finishing above any of the teams that have been mentioned. However, I don't think we are a million miles away from any of those mentioned as long as we bring in the right players? At the moment I think Portsmouth are the biggest threat to the top 4 but how far infront of us are they? With the squad Spurs got they should have 5th wrapped up but are two of their best players going to be there next season??

I'd be happy with 8th and progressively more delighted the higher we finished than that. We need to get back in amongst the teams like Portsmouth et al as a serious competitor in that bracket before we can think about moving beyond it.

I'd be happy with 8th and progressively more delighted the higher we finished than that. We need to get back in amongst the teams like Portsmouth et al as a serious competitor in that bracket before we can think about moving beyond it.

Couldn't help laughing at that, such a mathematical response. :lol:

Someone else (can't remember who?) on this forum was saying earlier on that KK's not the same positive guy he was first time round. I'd agree. I think he's wiser and more level-headed. And I still absolutely love the guy. :thup:

This.

That.

the other

keegan may well be the same bloke with the players but the messages he is sending to the fans aren't the confident,let's at least have a go sounds of his first spell in charge here.

yes times have changed but you don't say "we'll never win it in my time here" when you can say "i don't know where we'll finish but we'll give it our best and then look to improve on that each season".

Let me guess. Completely ignored on the most part by the press this morning?

They quoted it in the Mail article. Work that one out. :laugh:

In the much the same way as "No news is good news", good news is no news either.