Premiership impressed XI

STM

Just to get away from the misery that is our football club. I thought i'd take this opportunity to see who you have been impressed with so far. Your players and reasons are entirely up to you. Here's mine:

GK- James. Since moving to Portsmouth he seems to have cut out his errors, might be to do with Pompey's defence though.

DF-Campbell. I thought he was past his best but has proven me and quite a few wrong for us failing to sign him.

DF-Mellberg. Always a competant defender but has flourished under O'Neill. The rock in a solid back four.

DF-Baines. Some good defending and and stunning goals. Left back for the future without a doubt.

DF-Evra. I was convinced he would fail after his appaling start at Man U but has come on leaps and bounds. Deserves credit for bouncing back.

MF-Giggs. Pains me to say it but age certainly isn't catching up with giggs. May not be at his unbelievable best still performing on the worlds biggest stage.

MF-Speed. Similarly to Giggs is still churning out the performances in the premiership. Although, i'm slightly biast.  bluewink.gif

MF-Essien. Another player coming on leaps and bounds. How long before he's Chelsea's most important player, not long i suspect, if he gets a few more goals.

MF-Cahill. God i hate the little Ozzy runt. However, he is one of the main reasons why Everton are picking up so many points. Reminds me of scholes of old..... sadly.

FW- Andy Johnson. The other reason why Everton are picking up points..... enough said.

FW-Drogba. Just beat Saha because he's cut out his diving. Who would have thought he make Sheva look average.

Your comments and your suggestions?

Cahill reminds you of Scholes? didn't realise he had world class technique, vision and passing like.  bluewink.gif

also didn't realise Scholes was an attention seeking, cheating, foul mouthed twat  bluebiggrin.gif

Cahill reminds you of Scholes? didn't realise he had world class technique, vision and passing like.  bluewink.gif

Don't get me wrong, he isn't and will never be as good as Scholes at his peak. However, his late runs and goals contributions are very similar.

James - Been dominating for Pompey

Carr - In the best form of his career...

Baines - Looking like a future England player

Campbell - As with James, a rock

Gallas - Excellent signing for Arsenal

Seol - From a half-decent player for Wolves, to having a very good start in the Prem.

Cahill - Great player who I'd love to see here

Campo - The basis of Bolton's great start to the season

Ronaldo - Ramming the boos down opposing fans' throats

Kanu - Has been a revelation at Portsmouth

Drogba - Player of the season so far

Subs - Sorensen, Primus, Giggs, Johnson, McCarthy

James - Been dominating for Pompey

Carr - In the best form of his career...

Baines - Looking like a future England player

Campbell - As with James, a rock

Gallas - Excellent signing for Arsenal

Seol - From a half-decent player for Wolves, to having a very good start in the Prem.Cahill - Great player who I'd love to see here

Campo - The basis of Bolton's great start to the season

Ronaldo - Ramming the boos down opposing fans' throats

Kanu - Has been a revelation at Portsmouth

Drogba - Player of the season so far

Subs - Sorensen, Primus, Giggs, Johnson, McCarthy

Completely forgot to put him in mine. Great shout mate. Not so sure about Carr but then again i was tempted to put in Ramage.  bluebiggrin.gif

James

G.Johnson Lescott Meite Barry

Seol Fabregas Essien Petrov

Drogba© A.Johnson

I've seen it for a while with James - He is a superb goalie - Makes it to so many shots he has no right to save. Definetly the best English goalie when he's not going walkies.

Glen Johnson has been labled as a bit of a tard for a while now, suprised to see him back to form.

Drogba has been the revelation tho...so far improved on his previous showings.

Barry was the tough one...I think he's looked ropey at times defensively but I don't think there are many other contenders. Would put him ahead of Baines tho.

1878, i haven't seen many Everton games, but Lescott was crap up here while Yobo looked immense.

James

Johnson Primus Ridgewell Rosenior

Campo Neville McCann

Seol                  O'Neil

Kanu

have all played well this season, how many would get into our first team if everyone was fit? just goes to show that a good manager can get the best out of players who aren't neccessarily that good.