Barton or Bowyer

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the vote, it's a situation where there are no other alternatives, for a 'Newcastle XI' you have to pick either Barton or Bowyer to represent the club.

With both characters generally being thought of as more 'bad' than 'good' and having a long list of indiscretions behind them, which of the two would you support if it came down to either of them?

Bowyer, while generally thought to be an awful person, kept his head down off-the field while he was at the club, although his previous history meant that he didn't have much room to raise his head above the parapet. On the field, however, he probably received more cards than he scored goals and was involved in possibly the worst on-field incident in recent years.

Barton, on the other hand, has been relatively trouble-free on the football pitch. His performances have so far been below-par, but barring one raised challenge against the mackems, he's barely troubled the tabloid writers. Then again, his off-the-field issues have caused no end of controversy and put the club on the backpages for all of the wrong reasons. Nevertheless, those that know him personally and professionally support him, which is something Bowyer never really received. Also, Barton comes across very well in interviews, but I suppose that makes his 'moments of madness' all the more incredulous.

So, which is the 'lesser of two evils'?

Guest Stephen927

Ability wise, Barton. Better defensively and has more gas in the tank to get from box to box, though that wasn't really Bowyer's specialty. Better all round player.

I fucking hated Lee Bowyer after seeing him out once and telling me he never gave a shit about us and was only here for the money. Although he does get bonus points for saying Souness was a cunt.

Guest elbee909

I fucking hated Lee Bowyer after seeing him out once and telling me he never gave a shit about us and was only here for the money. Although he does get bonus points for saying Souness was a cunt.

I'd rather that than have him be a fan, though.

Guest elbee909

The footage of Bowyer was never released was it?

Can I be sued for saying what I think of Sarfraz Najeib? It's just he was kind of a friend of a friend, and he's an utter cock.

That's just personal opinion which you're well within your rights to express.

The footage of Bowyer was never released was it?

Can I be sued for saying what I think of Sarfraz Najeib? It's just he was kind of a friend of a friend, and he's an utter cock.

That's just personal opinion which you're well within your rights to express.

I f***ing hated Lee Bowyer after seeing him out once and telling me he never gave a s*** about us and was only here for the money. Although he does get bonus points for saying Souness was a c***.

are you serious?

liked him as a player in his prime, was treat horrendously by Shepherd. And the Dyer incident aside he gave us absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Ability wise, Barton. Better defensively and has more gas in the tank to get from box to box, though that wasn't really Bowyer's specialty. Better all round player.

NOBODY and I mean nobody had a better engine to get from box to box than Lee Bowyer until recent seasons

I f***ing hated Lee Bowyer after seeing him out once and telling me he never gave a s*** about us and was only here for the money. Although he does get bonus points for saying Souness was a c***.

are you serious?

liked him as a player in his prime, was treat horrendously by Shepherd. And the Dyer incident aside he gave us absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

No, I made it up.  :thup:

are you serious?

are you gonna eloborate or what? I was a fan of Bowyer

NOBODY and I mean nobody had a better engine to get from box to box than Lee Bowyer until recent seasons

You and your atrocious, OTT lauding of players again. :lol:

You and your atrocious, OTT lauding of players again. :lol:

:rolleyes: I'm not saying he was Zidane or that he was a very good player. But his engine was fantastic, he could run all day

Going by what I've seen of both players, I would say at his best for Leeds, Bowyer was a better footballer.

Aye, but what about Newcastle - neither player has really replicated their previous form in black and white stripes (not the only culprits, I know) - has Barton's semi-impressive end to 07/08 really overshone Bowyer's goals - especially under the Souness era.

Going by what I've seen of both players, I would say at his best for Leeds, Bowyer was a better footballer.

Aye, but what about Newcastle - neither player has really replicated their previous form in black and white stripes (not the only culprits, I know) - has Barton's semi-impressive end to 07/08 really overshone Bowyer's goals - especially under the Souness era.

Bowyer was by far our best midfielder in 04-05, scored a few goals anol

are you serious?

I was out the night after we played Man Utd at home, 2004 I believe, when Shearer scored that goal when he nudged someone off the ball and ran with it and slotted home. Bowyer was in the same place, one of the many shite bars along Osbourne Road, started having a chat as you do as it was canny quiet, and he said he was here for the money, really didn't give a toss about us, West Ham were the only team for him and that he thought Souness was a cunt.

Well for Newcastle its hard to judge as Bowyer had longer, I think Barton did well at the end of last season but I wouldnt say its really enough to say he was better than Bowyer. I think that Barton has the ability to give us more than Bowyer did however.

are you serious?

I was out the night after we played Man Utd at home, 2004 I believe, when Shearer scored that goal when he nudged someone off the ball and ran with it and slotted home. Bowyer was in the same place, one of the many s**** bars along Osbourne Road, started having a chat as you do as it was canny quiet, and he said he was here for the money, really didn't give a toss about us, West Ham were the only team for him and that he thought Souness was a c***.

Wes Brown, Shearer's last great goal for us

Bowyer and Emre at the back end of 05-05 were good together imo, one of the main reasons we got 7th

I think most footballers that aren't from here, came here for the money to be honest. I don't hold it against someone because they grew up loving a diffrerent team.

I abstained from the vote simply because I don't like the type of people either of them are.