Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Newcastle - 01/08/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Skirge

Given

Beye      Faye                  Taylor     Enrique

Butt

Milner                Guthrie                 Duff

Jonas

Smith

Is Guthrie a playmaker? (serious question)

Guest ObaStar

Didn't Owen say he would be ready for that tournament? Slash Keegan is definitely not giving Barton 10 mins. he got out of prison like yesterday. Owen had the mumps at teh beginning of June and still isnt playing matches

Didn't Owen say he would be ready for that tournament? Slash Keegan is definitely not giving Barton 10 mins. he got out of prison like yesterday. Owen had the mumps at teh beginning of June and still isnt playing matches

Yes but since he said he would be ready, we have been told he will not be.

Given

Butt

Jonas

Smith

I've got some sort of image in my head of him being a defensive, deep-lying playmaker, just from some of the comments off here (i've seen neither friendly). Purely just from what i've read of his alleged spreading of play/ball retention skills, etc. Am i wide of the mark with that assumption, anyone?

Given

Butt

Jonas

Smith

I've got some sort of image in my head of him being a defensive, deep-lying playmaker, just from some of the comments off here (i've seen neither friendly). Purely just from what i've read of his alleged spreading of play/ball retention skills, etc. Am i wide of the mark with that assumption, anyone?

Aye, fuck off back to York

Given

Beye      Faye                  Taylor    Enrique

Butt

Milner                Guthrie                Duff

Jonas

Smith

Almost as wide as James' head tbf.

Guest Coubury

I want to see Bassong start.

And Jonas and Guthrie

Wonder how long Oba will be away for hope its not long (i know that sounds bad lol)

Given

Butt

Jonas

Smith

Aye, fuck off back to York

:lol: Random. Though technically i never left. :shifty:

any idea of the squad we've sent/sending. people are nominating what they see as the strongest 11 out of the available resources. i'd give at least a couple of the kids, lua lua,carroll,edgar,tozer,donninger ,forster ,kadar,zamblera etc  a full game, 2 each,in each game /9if they travel that is)                   

Guest kevarmy

any idea of the squad we've sent/sending. people are nominating what they see as the strongest 11 out of the available resources. i'd give at least a couple of the kids, lua lua,carroll,edgar,tozer,donninger ,forster ,kadar,zamblera etc  a full game, 2 each,in each game /9if they travel that is)                     

really think we should play strongest available 11,really dont want to go to OT on the back of a few heavy defeats.

really think we should play strongest available 11,really dont want to go to OT on the back of a few heavy defeats.

the players wont even be bothered about results. just sharpening up physically and using the ball in match situations. also a chance for the manager to try out stuff. ie formations and testing players under certain situations.

Given

Butt

Jonas

Smith

No Iw ould just play him as a traditional box to box cm with Butt holding.  Theres enough creativity on the wings to dispense with a playmaker plus we don't have one anyway.

Guest loonietoonie

That doesn't make sense. You cant judge what level we are at when we arnt at full strength correct?

That doesn't make sense. You cant judge what level we are at when we arnt at full strength correct?

Of course we can

Ok the Strikers maybe missing but you can still gage how well the defensive shape is and the style and formation we're likely to use through the middle

Guest neesy111

does every1 else think once we get owen, martins and viduka back, then this team will start to look good, with another few signings

does every1 else think once we get owen, martins and viduka back, then this team will start to look good, with another few signings

Yes

We do need at least another 3 players not including Bassong and Coloccini if he comes.

Left Back, Right Back, And Attacking midfielder before i'd start to get too excited, But I Think our defense would be the strongest it has ever been in the premier league and a bit better going forward.

Guest neesy111

Yes

We do need at least another 3 players not including Bassong and Coloccini if he comes.

Left Back, Right Back, And Attacking midfielder before i'd start to get too excited, But I Think our defense would be the strongest it has ever been in the premier league and a bit better going forward.

we don't need 5 defenders coming in, that would mean we have 5 CB's and 4 full backs, another 2 yes

we do need another CM though