Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Newcastle - 01/08/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Skirge

does every1 else think once we get owen, martins and viduka back, then this team will start to look good, with another few signings

Yes

We do need at least another 3 players not including Bassong and Coloccini if he comes.

Left Back, Right Back, And Attacking midfielder before i'd start to get too excited, But I Think our defense would be the strongest it has ever been in the premier league and a bit better going forward.

Bassong and Coloccini could cover the fullback spots.. actually I believe Colo is a better RB than CB.. hope we get him.

Guest neesy111

does every1 else think once we get owen, martins and viduka back, then this team will start to look good, with another few signings

Yes

We do need at least another 3 players not including Bassong and Coloccini if he comes.

Left Back, Right Back, And Attacking midfielder before i'd start to get too excited, But I Think our defense would be the strongest it has ever been in the premier league and a bit better going forward.

Bassong and Coloccini could cover the fullback spots.. actually I believe Colo is a better RB than CB.. hope we get him.

would you drop beye though?

Yes

Just what I was about to say

Yes

no, I'd drop Taylor of course..

what worries me is the comments from the Metz' fans.. they don't seem to rate Bassong at all and apparently he's better at CB so maybe we're still looking for a cover LB..

Guest neesy111

Yes

no, I'd drop Taylor of course..

what worries me is the comments from the Metz' fans.. they don't seem to rate Bassong at all and apparently he's better at CB so maybe we're still looking for a cover LB..

well we may still sign burdisso tbh

we have always got charlie to cover LB if needed

Think i'd like to see this line up at the back with Faye moving into a midfield holding role for away games.

Given

Beye  Colo Taylor Enrique

Faye

Jonas    Guthrie  Duff\Zoggy

Owen      Martins\Viduka

This for home Matches

Given

Beye    Colo  Faye  Enrique

Butt\Guthrie

Jonas                      Duff

Zoggy

Owen      Martins\Viduka

I think Zoggy would shine in that position as lets face it his crossing is shite half the time and that's the position he'd relish making those jinking runs.

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan will roll back the years here in Majorca by holding an open training session.

And just like the good old days, KK and his squad will have many fans taking in their training at the ONO Stadium tomorrow morning at 10.30am.

Cool.

Also:

TOON SQUAD FOR MALLORCA: Given, Harper, Krul, Forster, Enrique, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, Edgar, Tozer, Faye, Bassong, Guthrie, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Geremi, Butt, Ameobi, Martins, Gutierrez, Smith.

It's just from Lee Ryder's blog that, so it could be bollocks. Then again I did read somewhere that we've had to supply a squad list to the tournament organisers so it could be from there.

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan will roll back the years here in Majorca by holding an open training session.

And just like the good old days, KK and his squad will have many fans taking in their training at the ONO Stadium tomorrow morning at 10.30am.

Cool.

Also:

TOON SQUAD FOR MALLORCA: Given, Harper, Krul, Forster, Enrique, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, Edgar, Tozer, Faye, Bassong, Guthrie, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Geremi, Butt, Ameobi, Martins, Gutierrez, Smith.

Assuming Martin's wont play, our attacking choices terrify me.

Fuck Attack, drastic action needed.

Given Krul Harper

Beye  Faye  Enrique

Gerimi Guthrie Butt

Smith Jonas

Guest ObaStar

Think i'd like to see this line up at the back with Faye moving into a midfield holding role for away games.

Given

Beye  Colo Taylor Enrique

Faye

Jonas     Guthrie   Duff\Zoggy

Owen      Martins\Viduka

This for home Matches

Given

Beye    Colo  Faye  Enrique

Butt\Guthrie

Jonas                       Duff

Zoggy

Owen       Martins\Viduka

I think Zoggy would shine in that position as lets face it his crossing is s**** half the time and that's the position he'd relish making those jinking runs.

I think you always have to be careful breaking up centre back pairings. The best ones play week in week out together and develop an understanding together. Even at Liverpool where Rafa rotates everyone the centre backs stay the same.