Hertha Berlin 1 - 0 Newcastle - 01/08/08 - post match reaction from page 17

Skirge

Martins ?

I saw footage on the local ITV evening news and Martins was getting off the team bus. I was surprised to see him.

Poor Lad

Think Keegan will play him as he'll probably want to pay tribute to his mum!

Remember what form Lua Lua was in for Pompey after he lost his Son?

I know it's not nice to be thinking we'll get benefit from it but it does tend to happen

Martins ?

I saw footage on the local ITV evening news and Martins was getting off the team bus. I was surprised to see him.

Great news, hope he's doing alright though.

Official squad;

Shay Given, Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster, Jose Enrique, Claudio Cacapa, Danny Guthrie, Oba Martins, Damien Duff, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Geremi, Habib Beye, Nicky Butt, Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor, David Edgar, Ben Tozer, Sebastien Bassong, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Ryan Donaldson, Mark Doninger, Jonny Godsmark

So definately no Owen,  although I would have thought he would have travelled anyway as captain.

Still no Faye?

Only came back on the 21st I think, and they've made a song and dance about Geremi being really fit so I assume he's not ready yet.

Oh, and when Googling I saw this in the Mail (:rolleyes:):

Meanwhile, Abdoulaye Faye could be on his way back to the north-west just a year after joining Newcastle from Bolton for £2m. Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan and Everton are all showing an interest in the Senegal centre-back.

Guest Heneage

Minutes silence would be nice considering how much Lamps got.

Maybe even a "We love you Oba" chant.

That would just be silly, sorry. Just as the stuff for Lampard was.

It's obviously a tragedy for the lad, and he got a number of songs at Doncaster (and will over there) but let's not go all Liverpool.

hertha are 8-1 up from the first leg so don't expect them to be in for a tiring game on thursday. then they are travelling to mallorca. the late travelling will be more tiring than the match for them.

just hope to see some sharpness and the plauers looking confident more than a win.

Guest Heneage

That would just be silly, sorry. Just as the stuff for Lampard was.

It's obviously a tragedy for the lad, and he got a number of songs at Doncaster (and will over there) but let's not go all Liverpool.

Yeah don't get me wrong liked the penalty and was happy for him but like to a degree with Munich it got too much.

Ah well a goal would be nice for him at least.

Just watched the Gutierrez interview on .co.uk, pretty decent, and what surprised me abit, was that Martins is with the team down there :)

With Owen not going down, Atleast we got some firepower upfront with Oba ready to get on.

Guest Stephen927

Martins -  :clap:

You can't put a timeline on these sort of things but I certainly didn't expect him back for the Mallorca Tournament.

Why are Sky insisting that Owen is still recovering from mumps?

"I will clear it up - it's not mumps.

"He missed England games earlier in the summer because of mumps but for us it's been a slight calf.

"We took the view to keep him back a bit and get him ready for our two home friendlies before the start of the season.

"He's back training and has passed injury but he's got to get match fit.

"Even if he had come over here he would not have played."

It was about his dead mother  lets remember a 58 year old women died of pneumonia it wasn't some ego trip. I read your posts your not a moron so don't belittle yourself with such a cheap line.

As for Oba it would be nice if the club asked Oba would he like a minute applause or silence at the first home game, the lads to wear black armbands or he may not want anything & whatever he wants is what  goes in these very sad times for him.