Burglar alarms

Dave

I'm sure someone told me once that there is a legal limit on the period of time a siren can sound in the UK.

Is this right? And if so, how long can they sound for?

Burglar alarms

A local authority has the power to enter a building and silence an alarm, where the alarm has been operating non-stop for 20 minutes or on and off for an hour and is causing a noise nuisance. A local authority officer can only enter a building by force with a warrant. The authority can recover the cost of silencing the alarm from the occupier of the premises. A local authority can also make an area an 'alarm notification area'. This means that the owner or occupier of every building in the area which has an alarm must have a keyholder and must give their contact details to the local authority. The local authority can ask the keyholder to switch off the alarm. If you live in an alarm notification area, it is a criminal offence not to stick to these rules. Your local authority should put a notice in the paper and put a copy through your door if they plan to introduce these rules in your area.

Environmental Protection UK can provide general advice on noise. It also produces an excellent series of leaflets on noise pollution. The address is:

44 Grand Parade

Brighton

BN2 9QA

Tel: 01273 878770

Fax: 01273 606626

Email: [email protected]

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/family_parent/housing/neighbour_disputes.htm

Guest lankybellwipe

Nice one, cheers. I didn't know where to look, forgot it was under the noise pollution regulations.

What are you planning?

Mike, you must be SICK of burglar alarms eh?

had the alarm in the flat under ours go off for about an hour when I first moved into my current place, didn't know the neighbours so ended up calling the local police station just in case something had gone on/try and get it turned off - within 20 minutes it was sorted.

Nice one, cheers. I didn't know where to look, forgot it was under the noise pollution regulations.

What are you planning?

A string of sub-twenty minute burglaries.

That's what I was thinking.

What are you planning?

Next door have gone away and left us their keys and stuff. The box was flashing so we went in to try and reset the alarm and the code they left us is wrong...

So the fucker went off. For 20mins. :lol:

Someone giving you the keys to their house is a invitation to rifle through their drawers and valuables. It's bad manners to not do it. They probably left an invitation to swing underneath the pillows or something.

Also, the code they gave you is wrong. Who doesn't know the code for their alarm? Look behind the pictures and under the beds, there is a safe filled with compromising imagery. They mixed the codes up by accident. They're sitting on vacation bricking it because they know you know what they look like wearing ballgags.

Guest lankybellwipe

Hide the TV remote, or nick it, or nick the batteries, or glue the DVD player drawer shut!

What are you planning?

Mike, you must be SICK of burglar alarms eh?

:lol:

Guest lankybellwipe

:lol: Goddamn that was racist!

So are Yokels, Hillbillys, and rednecks!

But you don't see THEM moaning about burglar alarms!  They just open the door - and open fire!

"Cletus honey, were that the gard darned (gumph) front door o'er there baaay the front o' the house (gumph)!"

"I don't know Bobby Lee Sugar, Ray Leonard!  Pass me ma rootin' tootin' Shootin' iron!  an' I'm gonna see who's at that there gard danged front (gumph) door! And meybah, I'll a be shootin that gard dang varmint (gumph)!"

NOW THATS RACIST!

O0

I swear to God. I spend most of the day comfortable in the fact that I can read.

Then I see shit like that up there and I have to sound it all out like I was 4.