F*ck Spurs

Guest ObaStar

Guest ObaStar

Dammit Modric and Arshavin. I am so pissed. I hope they both fail or that Mike Ashley goes in with a last minute bid and hijacks Arshavins deal. really though fucking spurs

Anyone feel they are making too many changes though? It's going to take a while for a team with that many changes to gel; if indeed they actually do.

Proven Premiership strike force (with 60 odd goals between them) out - relatively unproven replacements, I'm not sure their season is going to be as rosy as they all seem to think!

I don't think they are being smart this summer at all. Taking a hell of a lot of risks.

I'll respect them a lot more if they jettisoned Jenas and brought in a top class DM. Then I might take them seriously.

They were already a massive soft touch last season and I reckon they could be twice as soft next season.

Have to hate them but that is mainly due to the success and spending they are doing.

Have to say if they get him and Bentley they are very likely to push for fourth spot or should be anyway.

Injury prone central defence, no defensive midfielder, no left winger, no decent strikers once Berbatov goes and their whole team is light weight. Modric and Arshavin will need time to adapt. They will flatter to deceive again.

Two unproven players in the premiership, for an enormous amount of money. They certainly looks promising, but if they flop, i do not think its the first time in the premiership :p

Think of the Spurs players you'd wish we'd bought instead:

Berbatov: Good player, will make a profit on him too.

Carrick: Was good, they made good money on him to invest to the squad.

Modric: I think he'll be a good player.

Woodgate: Good defender

Hutton: I like him but he's not £7m better than Beye

So of the current crop, only 3. If they sign Bentley and Arshavin that will be 5. I reckon Berbs, Woodie and Modric would've cost them around £40m. Bentley and Arshavin will probs be around £20m each. £80m! I know they recovered £37m on Keane and Carrick but they've also lashed out on Bale, Bent and Kaboul as the more notable.

Despite the money spent they've quite a way to go to get a 1st team out as good as Liverpool's imo, let alone a top 4 squad.

Since when are they signing Arshavin?..  If, and that seems like a massive if, they signed Arshavin along with Bently and had kept Keane and Berbatov then I'd say they'd look very impressive and could definitely compete with the top 4.  However Keanes gone and Berbatov will still almost certainly leave, that's there strike force gone.  They seem to be replacing one team weakness with another this transfer window.

Since when are they signing Arshavin?..

I'm guessing it's based on the agent saying he was interested in a move to Spurs but that Zenit want a hell of a lot more money than Spurs are willing to offer.

I suppose there were threads like this on the Spurs board 1 or 2 years ago when we pipped them to Duff et al. Didn't exactly work out that well for them. Whilst i'm not saying i'm overwhelmed by our current transfer activity, lets actually wait until the season starts and we've seen the team Spurs put out and how they play before we judge. Lets also wait until the winter when Spurs travel to Bolton or Wigan or somesuch and see how much Modric and Arshavin (if he actually signs) impact the game. I'm aware they don't exactly come from the warmest of climates but i'd also bet they aren't used to being pummelled and cropped in a way that only particular teams from the North-West of England seem cabable of.

What's sad about this thread is it will give those Spurs fans visiting the site a warm glow. Fuck that, they should be bricking it, they've lost their best players (if Berbatov goes) and replaced them with unknowns. Whilst Man City lucked out last year, there's nothing to say Spurs will this year.

I suppose there were threads like this on the Spurs board 1 or 2 years ago when we pipped them to Duff et al. Didn't exactly work out that well for them. Whilst i'm not saying i'm overwhelmed by our current transfer activity, lets actually wait until the season starts and we've seen the team Spurs put out and how they play before we judge. Lets also wait until the winter when Spurs travel to Bolton or Wigan or somesuch and see how much Modric and Arshavin (if he actually signs) impact the game. I'm aware they don't exactly come from the warmest of climates but i'd also bet they aren't used to being pummelled and cropped in a way that only particular teams from the North-West of England seem cabable of.

What's sad about this thread is it will give those Spurs fans visiting the site a warm glow. Fuck that, they should be bricking it, they've lost their best players (if Berbatov goes) and replaced them with unknowns. Whilst Man City lucked out last year, there's nothing to say Spurs will this year.

Agree with that, particularly the bit in bold.

There is time to go but I'd like to have signed the players that Spurs have signed, make no mistake I am jealous of those signings and if they get Arshavin, I'll be green.

Lack of premiership experience is a lame reason not to want them or slag these signings - they are riskier but the rewards are massive and its not like the players they are signing are 'unknown'  ;D  They are all top class, world established players.  They have paid top dollar but that is the only way a team outside of the top 4 will ever break into the upper regions of this league.

We have signed two players with a distinct lack of premiership experience, another on the way potentially so there is just as big a chance that we will 'luck out' as well but we don't seem to be mentioning that. :rolleyes:  I hate Spurs but I think we should be bricking it more than them at this moment.

I'm guessing it's based on the agent saying he was interested in a move to Spurs but that Zenit want a hell of a lot more money than Spurs are willing to offer.

Is their a club Arshavin isn't interested in according to his agent?

No serious bid has come in for him since the Euros and his agent is keeping his name in the spotlight.

Still think we have a bid on the table, probably around the 12-15 million mark and no one has gone substantially higher than that.

Guest ObaStar

No serious bid has come in for him since the Euros and his agent is keeping his name in the spotlight.

Still think we have a bid on the table, probably around the 12-15 million mark and no one has gone substantially higher than that.

Wait so you think we have made a bid for him?

There is time to go but I'd like to have signed the players that Spurs have signed, make no mistake I am jealous of those signings and if they get Arshavin, I'll be green.

Lack of premiership experience is a lame reason not to want them or slag these signings - they are riskier but the rewards are massive and its not like the players they are signing are 'unknown'  ;D  They are all top class, world established players.  They have paid top dollar but that is the only way a team outside of the top 4 will ever break into the upper regions of this league.

We have signed two players with a distinct lack of premiership experience, another on the way potentially so there is just as big a chance that we will 'luck out' as well but we don't seem to be mentioning that. :rolleyes:  I hate Spurs but I think we should be bricking it more than them at this moment.

top class world established stars?! Come on, before the start of last season not a great number of people even knew of Modric or Arshavin. I'm not saying they weren't good players but they were a long way off world established stars and neither of them are 18 or 19 and bursting through. Yes, they have both had quality seasons and i think both have the potential to make big impacts. What i wouldn't be comfortable with is us replacing 5 of our 6 front players (if Berbatov goes) from last season. They would be playing Bent or A N Other up top who would be like a new player as Bent played so little last year and never on his own, then Jenas would be the only other player who was there last year. It will indeed be 'lucking out' if all of the new players, dropped in a team together, gelled quickly and formed a cohesive attacking unit whilst simultaneously learning to defend, which none of those players could do last season.

Your top 4 breaking theorem is the one that failed us under Souness. Yes, I would like us to buy a few big name players, but i'd like to see them integrated and combined with the current squad and then built upon in January, not just completely replacing and stripping out our current team, which is what it looks like Spurs are doing. Put another way, would you be happy if we sold Owen, Martins and Viduka and signed Arshavin and Modric, leaving Shola to play up front on his own? I know that Bent is better than Shola, but it's equivalent 4th choice striker from January (Defoe, Berbatov and Keane ahead). I certianly wouldn't be.

Zenit want some magical fee in the region of £24m according to reports. Think Spurs probably offered about £12-15m and have been told something along the lines of 'offer £24m or fuck off.'

Guest ObaStar

What is turan doing now? I haven't heard anything about him since end of June when he said he was going to Serie A