Anyone looked over the fence?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

On the old "SMB " forum. They truly have signed Kaka or at least you'd think it. "ARe you watching Geordies" calls all over its really sad.

Any chance of them beating us this year?

Guest The Libertine

malbranque, chimbonda and diouf are 3 players i'd like here, so i think they've done well so far.

One thing I'd say is all their signings this summer are significant improvements over what they have got.

I'd agree with that, plus Kaboul and that other bloke (Tanio?) make up some solid signings for them.

Guest neesy111

malbranque, chimbonda and diouf are 3 players i'd like here, so i think they've done well so far.

chimbonda ahead of beye, having a laurf

Guest ObaStar

They have signed like 5 players who would not make first team here so I am not worried. They signed half of the Spurs reserve team and Diouf who is crap.

Guest The Libertine

Really?

Personally i would hope for better.

in our current "situation" i'd have them. i do also hope for better but i'd rather have these players in and avoid the embarrassment we always get when we only have 9 players fit in december.

They have signed like 5 players who would not make first team here so I am not worried. They signed half of the Spurs reserve team and Diouf who is crap.

2J will be along in a minute.

Guest The Libertine

chimbonda ahead of beye, having a laurf

he didn't say that

Diouf and Malbranque would get into our first team with ease tbh, the way things are now

Guest ObaStar

Where would Diouf play? And i don't mean this minute with Smith and Shola up front but I mean when we have our full team.

Malbranque is the only one id have tbh, Diouf is good but i fucking hate the guy, Chimbonda is a piece of shit who has only signed for the mega money they will have offered him and will be out more in Newcastle then he will be at the SOS and as for Tainio i know fuck all about him.

Where would Diouf play? And i don't mean this minute with Smith and Shola up front but I mean when we have our full team.

if we decide to play 4-4-2 he's a more dangerous winger than Milner. In a 4-3-3 he's a good option considering the fact that Viduka will likely miss half the season

for the record I hate Diouf as much as anyone, wife beating prick. Went into a garden centre near Worsley, greater mancs where a pal of mine worked a few years back and asked to buy a parrot

Guest Heneage

Good signings imo , but I still dont see a regular goal getter.The defence while a RB isgood most teams will come through the centre with them.

An honest assesment of all of the Mackems buys:

Nick Colgan- Don't know anything about him, but someone who was released by Ipswich can't exactly be shithot, can he? Anyway, makes them look silly with five senior keepers (Gordon, Ward, Fulop and T. Carson being the other 4).

Pascal Chimbonda - If the figures of £5m that are being banded around are correct then Ramos and Levy must be laughing. Chimbonda is an absolute mercenary who is an excellent physical player, but he's very poor with the ball at his feet and he is lacking in the technical department.

Steed Malbranque - Assuming he signs of course, then Malbranque for £5m could be a very shrewd piece of business - here you have a very nippy winger who is excellent with the ball at his feet and scores quite a few goals too.

El Hadji Diouf - £2.5m is a good price if maybe a little expensive, Diouf is a decent enough winger without anything that special in his locker. Although he doesn't score even nearly enough goals for an attacking winger or occasional striker.

Teemu Tainio - One of those players who never seems to do much, Tainio is a waste of £3m really. If he was a free transfer or for a nominal fee then it wouldn't be as bad, but Tainio never actually seemed to contribute anything whatsoever to the Spurs line-up. Again, good business by Spurs if anything.

David Meyler - Brought in to give Keane light sexual favours, yet another crap Irish youngster is bought to fill a place in the reserves.

An honest assesment of all of the Mackems buys:

Nick Colgan- Don't know anything about him, but someone who was released by Ipswich can't exactly be shithot, can he? Anyway, makes them look silly with five senior keepers (Gordon, Ward, Fulop and T. Carson being the other 4).

Pascal Chimbonda - If the figures of £5m that are being banded around are correct then Ramos and Levy must be laughing. Chimbonda is an absolute mercenary who is an excellent physical player, but he's very poor with the ball at his feet and he is lacking in the technical department.

Steed Malbranque - Assuming he signs of course, then Malbranque for £5m could be a very shrewd piece of business - here you have a very nippy winger who is excellent with the ball at his feet and scores quite a few goals too.

El Hadji Diouf - £2.5m is a good price if maybe a little expensive, Diouf is a decent enough winger without anything that special in his locker. Although he doesn't score even nearly enough goals for an attacking winger or occasional striker.

Teemu Tainio - One of those players who never seems to do much, Tainio is a waste of £3m really. If he was a free transfer or for a nominal fee then it wouldn't be as bad, but Tainio never actually seemed to contribute anything whatsoever to the Spurs line-up. Again, good business by Spurs if anything.

David Meyler - Brought in to give Keane light sexual favours, yet another crap Irish youngster is bought to fill a place in the reserves.

a very fair unbiased critique of their signings, well put :)