Hotels

brummie

Having left Newcastle 18 years ago (fucking hell, 18 fucking years, where did that go) after 4 fantastic years, and not having been back (other than a crawl off the coach and straight into the ground visit for football) me and the Mrs will be spending the weekend after next in Newcastle, where I shall be revisiting old haunts.

Any recommendations for hotels?

The Quayside consisted of The Cooperage and next to nothing else last time I was there, but from what I've heard, is more desirable these days. So I'm thinking of the Copthorne which is down there, or the Malmaison (bit too spendy really) or the Hilton, which apparently is over the river near the something Mills, which weren't there when I lived in Gateshead.

Budget around 100 sheets a night.

Any advice much appreciated.

Having left Newcastle 18 years ago (fucking hell, 18 fucking years, where did that go) after 4 fantastic years, and not having been back (other than a crawl off the coach and straight into the ground visit for football) me and the Mrs will be spending the weekend after next in Newcastle, where I shall be revisiting old haunts.

Any recommendations for hotels?

The Quayside consisted of The Cooperage and next to nothing else last time I was there, but from what I've heard, is more desirable these days. So I'm thinking of the Copthorne which is down there, or the Malmaison (bit too spendy really) or the Hilton, which apparently is over the river near the something Mills, which weren't there when I lived in Gateshead.

Budget around 100 sheets a night.

Any advice much appreciated.

Is that really such a good idea with your Mrs in toe?

Grey Street Hotel looks interesting, but pretty ropey reviews on tripadvisor.com.

Visiting old haunts with Mrs in tow?

That's the point. Remind her what a fucking great time I had up there, keep her on her toes.

;)

Can't see why it would get dodgy reviews, stayed there twice (I think) and both times it was really nice, clean, in a good location, nice facilities, beds etc...

Always a bonus having a bed when I stay in a hotel I must admit.

Can't see why it would get dodgy reviews, stayed there twice (I think) and both times it was really nice, clean, in a good location, nice facilities, beds etc...

Never been to Rooms Inn have you?

At least I supplied you with a bed, and not just any bed, my sister's at that.

Aye, but with her in it, the things I caught didn't make it worth my while.

Aye, but with her in it, the things I caught didn't make it worth my while.

She'll be crying herself to sleep right now, and not with laughter this time.

Lived in the Mariott by Gosforth Park when I was there with the family a couple of years ago, was absolutely lovely. Might be a bit too far out though.

We had some friends over there at the same time who lived in the Swallow Imperial in Jesmond, which is also supposed to be quite nice and closer to town too, I think? Should be cheaper as well.