Jamie Mole

Optimistic Nut

Yeah ive seen him play a few times, hes quite good but has a long way to go. Looked way out of his depth when he was thrown in against AEK athens and sparta prague i think it was. Quite strong though, could be good in the future.

Dundee Utd tried to get him on loan before the transfer window closed in return for Lee Miller.  The deal fell through because Hearts didn't want Miller.  Mole doesn't get a regular game at Tynecastle (although Ivanauskas puts out a different starting 11 every week).  From what i've seen he's a decent prospect but nowhere near ready for the premiership yet.  Think Newcastle missed the boat big time when DUFC sold Mark Wilson (RB/RWB) to Celtic for 500k - steal of the century and would have easily been in the team ahead of fatty Carr.

Dundee Utd tried to get him on loan before the transfer window closed in return for Lee Miller.  The deal fell through because Hearts didn't want Miller.  Mole doesn't get a regular game at Tynecastle (although Ivanauskas puts out a different starting 11 every week).  From what i've seen he's a decent prospect but nowhere near ready for the premiership yet.  Think Newcastle missed the boat big time when DUFC sold Mark Wilson (RB/RWB) to Celtic for 500k - steal of the century and would have easily been in the team ahead of fatty Carr.

I agree about Mark Wilson, he seems to be a complete RB, very solid at the back, links up extremely well going forward. Im not being biased here but i think with Newcastle being so close to Scotland we should have more scouts or better scouts watching the players? I know the Caldwells were identified a long time ago but since then theres not really been anyone of note. Theres a lot of good young players coming through at the moment especially at Hibs/Hearts and they are all going quite cheap. Arsenal have been watching Naismith, that Galbraith lad from hearts was snapped up by Man Utd, apparently chelsea and Spurs are after Shaun Maloney. Scott Brown/Thomson or Fletcher from hibs are all going to be excellent players.