Is there anything scarier?

Chrissy Bee

Guest elbee909

I had my PC practically in bits last night as I was removing an IDE drive - only 120 gig, not worth the space/heat.  Generally trying to make it all run a bit cooler by making sure stuff was clean too.  Anyway, I had to remove the memory to get this bloody drive out.  Did that.  Thought I'd do a bit of cable management - and two of my SATA sockets came off the fucking motherboard.  So I just had two sets of bare pins.  Putting those two back on again felt like bloody surgery, could only approach from a certain angle and get it wrong and the rathre small pins would bend and equate to a disabled motherboard, pretty much (disabled as far as I was concerned).

Give me flashing a bios or partitioning a drive any day.

IDE drives are something. I broke at least two of those fuckers by putting the cable in one pin to the left or right of where it should. Forcing the pin into the hard disk making it unrecoverable. Every time I've done it since I've been shitting it.

I'm so glad it's all SATA now, had to bin my IDE disks when I upgraded my mobo (only one IDE socket!).

My motherboard recently borked, so i've just had to put everything I had into an old PC there was lying around, 2ghz of pure celeron power, fun times. I'm going to upgrade ASAP, can't be doing with slowness.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a mare, chilling out, feet up, then went to move and bam, cracked my base unit with my foot, dislodged my CPU fan and the warning temps were going mental. Couldn't get it closed down quick enough!

The clips are bent, and it wont stay in properly, so i've decided to go back to my old stock cooler for now, which ironically enough is running 20c cooler under load.  :rolleyes: I wonder if my fan has another problem? Dunno, its not reliable that's for sure, bin it goes.

My motherboard recently borked, so i've just had to put everything I had into an old PC there was lying around, 2ghz of pure celeron power, fun times. I'm going to upgrade ASAP, can't be doing with slowness.

:lol:

I laughed far too much at that.  :colo: