Have we been in such a mess even before a ball is kicked before ?

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

Dismay and worry even before a ball is kicked ?

Myself, the feeble 0-1 performance against Doncaster who where then contemptuously annihilated by Bolton showed what a ***** mess we are in.

Two sides who aren't exactly top notch took us to the cleaners too.

Meanwhile we have Owen waiting and hoping for some team to buy him at even close to his bloated wages, while claiming injury along with a few others - and Smith showing new depths of overpaid useless-ness.

Guest Phil K

You've clearly decided to just ignore the players who weren't playing, the players who have come in, and the players who will come in.

Blind hope then.

Done us good for so many years hasn't it ?

You've clearly decided to just ignore the players who weren't playing, the players who have come in, and the players who will come in.

Blind hope then.

So you're saying that all of the above wouldn't make any difference to us?

I'm pinning most of my hopes on us getting a top quality creative midfielder. If we don't manage to do that then I'll be extremely worried about the new season.

I also think we're underestimating our striker situation.......Owen can go for long periods out injured, Viduka has just booked his season ticket at burger king, smith and ameobi don't even count, carrol hasn't exactly done a thing yet...........only oba seems to be the most reliable one to me and he has his off times too.

I really think we need a pacey young striker.

Guest Phil K

Blind hope then.

Are you saying they would ?

Blind hope, then.

The positive is that we'd be very unlikely to get anything at Old Trafford or The Emirates no matter what time of year it is or how fit and ready or squad was, so being in disarray going into those games isn't such a big deal really, even if a likely thumping would be hard to take again.

If we can beat Bolton and get a couple of quality signings in before the end of the window I'll be happy, as we'll then have a couple of weeks to get our arse in gear before the September line-up.

Blind hope then.

Blind hope, then.

:lol:

Idiot

Blind hope then.

Blind hope, then.

mackems.gif

Ignoring very short term issues I'm happier with the squad than at various points over the last 5 years.

Up front we have a revitalised Owen, and Martin bedded in after a couple of seasons. If Viduka and Spiderman can also muster up a few appearances up front between then we will get a fairly decent return. I think the defence as a whole will be the best it has been for a number of years, going back to Keegan's first time. I have a lot of faith in Faye, and I think he will partner Collucinni, with Taylor to come in if required. And the full backs are the best we've had since those days as well.

May seem like an obvious point, but how good we end up this season in the end will be determined by our midfield in the end. There are a lot of uncertainties - i.e. which Joey Barton will come back to the team, and when, and if N/Zogbia can step up his game. If Spiderman and Guthrie will perform in the PL from the start. On paper we're not significantly worse than Portsmouth/Villa/Blackburn/City - but if all of the above work against is I can see it being a pretty difficult season.

Guest neesy111

Myself, the feeble 0-1 performance against Doncaster who where then contemptuously annihilated by Bolton showed what a ***** mess we are in.

Meanwhile we have Owen waiting and hoping for some team to buy him at even close to his bloated wages, while claiming injury along with a few others - and Smith showing new depths of overpaid useless-ness.

your negativity is beyond believe, when fit this is our best squad for the last 5 seasons

Dismay and worry for manic depressives and the simple minded alike.  For normal people its just a bit of a shitty pre-season that will get back on track in the next game when most of the first team are back..

Why do some people on this forum seem to take pleasure in wallowing in self pity?  To the point where they'll see the negative in everything and exaggerate every situation to make it seem as bad as possible?, I just find it rather pathetic.

your negativity is beyond believe, when fit this is our best squad for the last 5 seasons

Tbf that was never going to be difficult, given the last few seasons. Incidentally, it's not the best squad either. Shearer was massive for us, I think last night illustrated that.

Ignoring very short term issues I'm happier with the squad than at various points over the last 5 years.

Up front we have a revitalised Owen, and Martin bedded in after a couple of seasons. If Viduka and Spiderman can also muster up a few appearances up front between then we will get a fairly decent return. I think the defence as a whole will be the best it has been for a number of years, going back to Keegan's first time. I have a lot of faith in Faye, and I think he will partner Collucinni, with Taylor to come in if required. And the full backs are the best we've had since those days as well.

May seem like an obvious point, but how good we end up this season in the end will be determined by our midfield in the end. There are a lot of uncertainties - i.e. which Joey Barton will come back to the team, and when, and if N/Zogbia can step up his game. If Spiderman and Guthrie will perform in the PL from the start. On paper we're not significantly worse than Portsmouth/Villa/Blackburn/City - but if all of the above work against is I can see it being a pretty difficult season.

Well said.

My concern is creativity in midfield so I hope we fix that huge problem. I also feel a young pacey striker is needed too.

wow, amazing thread this one...most of our best (proven performers) aren't playing for a variety of reasons and we've never been in such a mess before?

i've my fair share of negativity about what we're laying out on players but this is way out of my league

staggering...hope someone bumps this later in the season

oh for fark sakes....

i hope this forum isnt representative of the greater fan base....

i pop on the forum to get updates and footie chat, but its so much farking doom and gloom.

get a life you idiots. support your team. support it with bad managers, bad players, bad X, Bad Y

Support it because its your club.

Stop wining please....

seriously............PLEASE !!!!!!!

Ive havent been so excited about the direction this club is going in a long time. For once we are moving up, not down.

Dear god let the season start so we can get onto footballing matters...