Have we been in such a mess even before a ball is kicked before ?

Guest Phil K

We'll be lucky to see Barton before xmas - the point stands that you think the midfield has improved - I think it may have but only by a pretty slim margin.

Only time will tell.

our midfield at present is weaker than last season but we still have a month left.

and "only time will tell" is my line  :knuppel2:

What I'm guessing is that Keegan is employing the same kind of tactics I do on FM.  I always have a shit preseason in terms of results in FM and it's because everyone's on full aerobic and strength training and not much ball control / tactical / shooting or attacking.  Towards the end I switch them over and get off to a little bit of a slow start but that extra fitness training in the offseason does good for us towards the end of the season. 

I think the quotes will back up the fact he's really focusing on the fitness side right now.  We'll pay the price by losing a few meaningless friendlies but we'll be thanking him come February.

I assume that's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but he has basically said on record that we've done little or nothing on tactics and set-pieces etc. It's been almost all about getting them fit.

Doing wonders so far (fitness and form)  :lol: