Classy Craig

Rebellious

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?brand=ESTOnline&category=News&tBrand=ESTOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=IPED05%20Aug%202008%2000%3A35%3A24%3A510

A NOTORIOUS former Norwich City footballer is being investigated today after he allegedly abused a fan in the family enclosure at Portman Road last night.

It is alleged that as West Ham player Craig Bellamy, 29, walked towards the tunnel, after pulling up with an injury, he swore at a fan and made reference to Ipswich prostitutes.

He was restrained and pulled away by a member of staff from West Ham during the pre-season friendly with Ipswich Town.

Lowestoft resident Deryck Ayers, who was at the game with his 6-year-old daughter Imogen, claims it him who Bellamy was swearing at.

Deryck initially shouter to Craig as he was passing. l/r Imogen and her dad Deryck Ayers 

He said: “With him being an ex-Norwich player I shouted 'see you later Bellamy' and he just turned around and swore at me and he said something about prostitutes in Ipswich.

“He was not very nice. I was shocked because I had my daughter there and there were other kids around in the same area.”

Stowmarket resident Kyle Relf-Stables, 14, also heard the abuse. “I heard him swear and say something about Ipswich prostitutes. I think that it was atrocious because young kids where there, he said it in front of the family stand.”

Kyle's mum, Michelle, who also had her 10-year-old son at the game, added: “I was just absolutely gobsmacked, there is no need to behave like that. We pay lots of money to come to these games and I do not expect my son's to hear words like that. I will take it up with the football club.”

Bellamy heads for the tunnel 

Pc Mark Norman, Suffolk police's football intelligence officer, said: “Both Ipswich Town and West Ham are aware of an alleged incident that is being investigated internally. If a criminal offence is identified then we will take things further.”

Terry Baxter, director of communications at Ipswich Town, added: “We are aware of an alleged incident involving Craig Bellamy and we will be giving every assistance required by Suffolk police in their investigations of the matter.”

A West Ham United spokesman said: “We will look into the facts of what happened.

“I haven't had a chance to speak to Craig myself. I was made aware of it after the game as I was in the players tunnel. An official from Ipswich made me aware something had happened. We take such allegations seriously.

“I haven't spoken to anyone to find out what was allegedly said.”

The West Ham player made 84 appearances for Norwich City between 1997 and 2000, scoring 32 goals. Last night's pre-season friendly finished Ipswich Town 3 West Ham 5.

Still miss him as a player  ;D 

also, that guy has one hell of a funny way of spelling 'Derek'.

I think its just another retarded southern reporter to be honest, you think Deryck s weird I think the whole sentance is wrong, how do you shouter ?

"Deryck initially shouter"

That stupid cunt will never learn and we are well shot of him!!

Yep, we've certainly improved since he left. I for one am much happier with the current state of play now that we don't have to worry about Bellamy's name appearing in the press.

That stupid cunt will never learn and we are well shot of him!!

Yep, we've certainly improved since he left. I for one am much happier with the current state of play now that we don't have to worry about Bellamy's name appearing in the press.

Do I sense some sarcasm here?  We certainly don't have to worry about any of our current players ending up in the paper...

Exactly, JB would have pulled a boot off and studded the fan to death. Bellamy is a pussy.

Bellamy has a in house bust up & chucks a chair a Carver, while Barton really hurts that french chap.

Bellamy points to his Premierleague to wind up Wolves fans, Barton shows his arse to Everton fans.

Bellamy shoves a female student out of a car, Barton wacks 7 bells out of some kid.

Bellamy has a mate who has done a bit of drugs, Bartons brother axed a kid to death.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

this story is ridiculous

there's going to be "police investigation"?  what exactly would the police charge him with?  calling a broad a prostitute?

this story is ridiculous

there's going to be "police investigation"?  what exactly would the police charge him with?  calling a broad a prostitute?

The police would be better off sending PM's to people with ridicules sized Avatars imo :pow:

Guest Heneage

Exactly, JB would have pulled a boot off and studded the fan to death. Bellamy is a pussy.

He'd have rang the boys first, it aint a fight if the numbers are fair.